Sign in to follow this  
Skillershark

Paintballing

I used to work as a marshall at a paintball centre and it was fucking hell.

Apart from all the fights and complete lack of acknowledgement of the rules of the game I was instructing this one game of 2 teams of 20, 20 year olds and fuck me it was hell.

They didn't listen to the marshalls having us to cancel the game eventually which let to a huge brawl between the two teams which us being shot all over during it. I remember thinking, is a 12 hour shift 6am to 6pm, minimum wage job worth this kind of shit. I came to the conclusion it wasn't and simply just walked out letting off my flashbangs as I went. Haven't been back since.

Working at a paintball place is as good as having a wank with sandpaper.

flashbangs?????

Some places do have flashbangs. The one I went to a couple of months back had them and if they go off right next to you, your ears will still be ringing days later - probably more painful than any paintball shot or nade or anything else they had to use. Though idk if chickenlittle was referencing something else about 'his flashbangs'.

It was fun though, came out with a bruise under my armpit (which fucking stung all day as it was like the first shot) and one on the inside of my leg which I thank all types of lords/deities wasn't any higher. I can probably imagine as someone working there (especially on minimum wage) it becoming quite repetitive and if you have a rowdy group it'd be proper shite. The place I went to had two tiers of weaponry but even the lower tier (the one I used, for amateurs/doing it for the fun) are pretty powerful, so people just get kicked out if they even do the slightest thing wrong.

It's a laugh regardless for me, but I do think it's one of those things you really have to get into to get the real value out of it - one of my mates was overly hesitant and didn't really try do anything but shoot thin air, meaning he didn't get the satisfaction of hitting anyone but still had all the pain of getting hit lmao.

@chickenlittle

flashbangs?????

Yeah we had flashbangs, paint grenades and smoke grenades. Used to have a nice collection of them as we cleared up at the end of the day and found ones people had dropped or the ones we took off of kids.

@chickenlittle

flashbangs?????

Yeah we had flashbangs, paint grenades and smoke grenades. Used to have a nice collection of them as we cleared up at the end of the day and found ones people had dropped or the ones we took off of kids.

I used to play paintball with my friends a lot, it all started when we went on a field trip during high school and they took us to a paintball field. I lost because I ran out of bullets lmao. I still feel like they should've let me continue since all I had to do was sneak behind an enemy, point my gun at him so he would lose (we weren't allowed to fire from really close range) and take his gun but oh well. Other than that I only lost once out of 8ish games that I played with my friends, I got completely sprayed down while I was trying to sneak behind all of them,it actually hurt a lot.

At first I was really scared to get shot, in the first 'mission' i don't think I actually did, everyone was really passive.

Second mission was the BUS mission - funniest and scariest shit of my life! Our team had to make camp in this like mini bus sized thing while the other team attacked it, it went on and on until everyone in the bus had been shot - outsiders got re-spawned if they got shot. Eventually I took a bullet - so did ed's dad, and we attempted to walk out of the bus with hands in the air - got shot about 5 times rofl, fucking nazis

I remember in my area in Texas we had a map called Nuketown and it was really cool but the downfall was the Heat in the bus because its so hot when you go in the bus due to the weather!