Sign in to follow this  
The Untainted One

Runescape Deadman Mode

Wow, congratulations on getting into the top 1000s, this gamemode sounds really cool! How do you deal with PvP throughout the world? Do you just run away from people or try and fight them? Surely you must get top-level players just roaming the world killing guys like you.

Wow, congratulations on getting into the top 1000s, this gamemode sounds really cool! How do you deal with PvP throughout the world? Do you just run away from people or try and fight them? Surely you must get top-level players just roaming the world killing guys like you.

Most of the time you have to be very alert and run straight to a safe zone as soon as you see that white dot on the mini map, I've been attacked by teams and survived because I had the proper food available. I always skill with food as well so I'm always sort of safe (4-5 lobsters) and I will only skill near a safe zone, unless I find a really unknown area because it seems most of the pkers hunt the noobs in common training spots.

I voted against it because people imagine these game modes as so much more than they actually are.

grats on getting to the highscores though, I imagine you haven't died much yet.

I died quite a lot early on (3-4 times) but I learnt to avoid people and find the uncommon training spots, just have to pray you don't walk past a top 500 combat person in the middle of nowhere and you'll be pretty safe.

Seems like a pretty fun game mode, must be so annoying to die tho, when you try to train your levels and gain some coins then someone suddenly run into you and one shot you and you have to do it all over again.

Kinda miss playing runescape since that was the one and only game following me for 7 years in my earlier stage.

Almost tempting to go back.

Most of the time you have to be very alert and run straight to a safe zone as soon as you see that white dot on the mini map, I've been attacked by teams and survived because I had the proper food available. I always skill with food as well so I'm always sort of safe (4-5 lobsters) and I will only skill near a safe zone, unless I find a really unknown area because it seems most of the pkers hunt the noobs in common training spots.

I voted against it because people imagine these game modes as so much more than they actually are.

grats on getting to the highscores though, I imagine you haven't died much yet.

I died quite a lot early on (3-4 times) but I learnt to avoid people and find the uncommon training spots, just have to pray you don't walk past a top 500 combat person in the middle of nowhere and you'll be pretty safe.

Can't you just tp out?

Also I kinda find it very stupid you lose 28 items out of your bank, it's already PVP. Would be more fun if you'd just lose your inventory, but a well.

There is a new poll for changes to deadman mode such as only losing 25% of your XP when you die without a skull. What do you guys think of this poll?

I kind of feel I shouldn't vote in it because I don't play deadman mode however there are some questions affecting the main game so I will have to vote in it.

There is a new poll for changes to deadman mode such as only losing 25% of your XP when you die without a skull. What do you guys think of this poll?

I kind of feel I shouldn't vote in it because I don't play deadman mode however there are some questions affecting the main game so I will have to vote in it.

I don't think the xp loss is the problem at all, losing all your items (28!!!) really is. You even lose your random junk like a bronze pickaxe which normally no one would loot, gets real boring soon when you lose even the simplest of tools.

Because you can also protect 5 skills from losing I think they're kinda missing the point of what's "wrong" with the mode. Though maybe some people do enjoy the lose 28 items part??

I don't think the xp loss is the problem at all, losing all your items (28!!!) really is. You even lose your random junk like a bronze pickaxe which normally no one would loot, gets real boring soon when you lose even the simplest of tools.

Because you can also protect 5 skills from losing I think they're kinda missing the point of what's "wrong" with the mode. Though maybe some people do enjoy the lose 28 items part??

The whole point of it is that it's not fun to lose 28 items however it is fun to win 28 items. High risk for a high reward.

The whole point of it is that it's not fun to lose 28 items however it is fun to win 28 items. High risk for a high reward.

But that isn't the case, my bronze pickaxe isn't worth anything. My iron scimitar not also. People end up "raiding" stuff they normally wouldn't even bother clicking on to pick it up from the ground for free. Like the other day I lost 100 iron bars, I get someone is happy with that.. But my air talisman? Let me keep something :cry1:

It really promotes stocking your bank account with useless junk that's worth just a bit more than the key items you got. So you can keep your key items....

Anyways I should just train more combat so I die less fast I guess, but yeah..

I've played runescape for 9 years, deadman mode didn't appeal to me at all, even though I'm/was a huge pker pre-eoc, and even made a couple of vids. PvP everywhere is fun as in PvP worlds, but being able to be attacked everywhere just doesn't seem fun at all, even with the high risk, high reward system, RuneScape is just a chill game, where you can afk and woodcut or whatever, I don't want to be glued to my screen watching for pkers while i'm just fishing or something