Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Outbreak CS:GO Tournament **NEW INFORMATION**

Even when dates were given we had at least 8 people the day before or even on the day tell us they had to go out for dinner, had work, went to bed or just didn't show up. Even after we were 100% sure they'd seen the post and been told.

Two people got VAC banned too lol

As for dates not been given instantly, if you thought 5 teams were going to play 4 games each in the space of a sunday evening or even a weekend.. then..half your age, half it again and you'll never need to take an IQ test again :glad2:

What about just remaking it, give reserved slots for the people that were already in and wanna join again, give pre dates that can be changed but people will have an idea of when the games will take place and about them there could be like 2 matches per weekend and if someone from one of the teams couldn't show up they could get a replacement or just make another team play on thay day. You could also have some extra slots in case some one gets VAC'd/Can't play anymore/etc. so the people on those extta slots could join the team right away.

It's almost 3 am and I'm barely awake so rip english so I hope you can understand it.

Edited by Guest

Having standins once a team has started its matches is awkward and annoying. Keeping the same teams throughout would be great and ideal.

This was the first time we ever tried anything like this so please excuse he hiccups but as it has already been pointed out, everyone going on holiday + utter fucking ransoms who nobody as any idea about (fuck you Hmoon) would be enough to throw it out of sync. Add that to friendly guy being...well a friendly guy totally threw it out.

If this happens again which i really hope it does because it was a lot of fun I think we need to have set days and times, for example, 7PM Tuesday's and Thursday's are tournament games or whatever. Sort it out. Have less teams with more reliable people, maybe 3? Or 4 at the most, I know 5 is a good number by 25 people is way too many to try and skill balance.

Also in terms of casting which a lot of people were interested in and I think it would be good if everyone got a shot at it who wanted to. I think we should have a casting sign up sheet for all those interested, say who you would like to be paired with, those casters then cast each of the group stages before the best duo voted on to cast the final provided they aren't playing in it obs