Sign in to follow this  
Happyface

Csgo Skin Attempt (Don't try it)

(The green pixels around the guns is just me being lazy and is just a green screen effect) (Tell me if the image links are broken) 956l6r020ekvlf96g.jpg

jf0fdgl7lbo2dd36g.jpg

7q194fykk5kl28z6g.jpg

My first (quick) attempts at skins, and they just don't look right :( Opinions? And I can see where people come from when they spend hours on skins, these were annoying enough as it is to make and these are no where near to the level of most normal csgo skins.

lol

is the last one even an attempt or just the default p90?

use alpha layers for skin condition

keep trying

Yer these were just first attempts, and the last one uses a slightly different metal texture and is lighter ;) P.s Valve has this "thing" which allows you to easily add wear to a weapon (e.g Battle scarred) without requiring major layering.

I'm not a huge fan, Steam workshop is pretty competitive, simple skins like these get low ratings, I'm assuming you used existing textures online to make these too

Yer it was just me playing around seeing how hard it is to make a skin. The textures aren't completely ripped from other's work. I firstly always used resources which I knew the owners were okay with me using them (for the specified purpose) and the second skin is actually made from a picture of a Mongoose (I think, maybe it could of been another animal).

Are these just images laid over an image of a p90 or is it actually skinned on a model?

^

are you just painting the side view of the p90 or actually using unwraps from the model

k6fmx796tsors8j6g.jpg Doesn't that answer you question? and if you mean how did I get the textures onto the guns I had to manually do it using trial and error in gimp, then export it to the valve texture file, and then throw it into Csgo's workshop editor.

p3_UV01.jpg

like this I meant, that's an unwrap ^

Oh yer, the texture I used looked similar to that but idk whether I used an unwrap or painted a side view. I got GCF scape to find the texture for the p90 in the csgo files, and then vtf edit to export it to a format that allowed me to edit it in gimp. I manually cut around the my textures to allow it to fit on the p90 texture without obscuring any of the other important parts of the barrel.