Sign in to follow this  
Happyface

Matilda or the Lion King? (the west end productions)

I've seen both of these west end musicals in the last few months and I was wondering what's everyone's opinion on them. I personally preferred Matilda just because of songs like 'rebel' and 'when I grow up', but most people usually prefer the obvious fan favourites from the Lion King like 'Circle of life' and 'Hakuna Matata'. Aswell I was just wondering if anyone else here has watched and enjoyed either of these musicals :D

Shit, wtf am i reading?!?!

Lion King is still my favourite film to this day, i can't wait to play these films when Harrison is old enough.

I've literally in the past few days watched, Lion King, Jungle Book, Monsters Inc(original), Toy Story and Tarzan etc etc etc, just because i literally cant wait to be sat there with my son and he actually enjoys them!

BTW Lion King all day!

-Saw the lion king for the first time when I was very young - can't remember much about it, except the hyenas.

Me and my gf have recently started going down to London for the theatre a lot.

-Saw the Lion King before a day at Wimbledon - was awesome. Animals are really realistic, you get lost in it. Songs were pretty good - all shows go on for maybe a bit too long imo though.

-Saw Billy Elliot in August, a good show, wouldn't recommend it as a top one to go see if you're going to the theatre tho.

-Saw charlie and the chocolate factory in sept time, up there with lion king, great performance.

-Hope to go see something else soon, will look into it.

-Saw the lion king for the first time when I was very young - can't remember much about it, except the hyenas.

Me and my gf have recently started going down to London for the theatre a lot.

-Saw the Lion King before a day at Wimbledon - was awesome. Animals are really realistic, you get lost in it. Songs were pretty good - all shows go on for maybe a bit too long imo though.

-Saw Billy Elliot in August, a good show, wouldn't recommend it as a top one to go see if you're going to the theatre tho.

-Saw charlie and the chocolate factory in sept time, up there with lion king, great performance.

-Hope to go see something else soon, will look into it.

You've got to watch Matilda then, it was awesome