Sign in to follow this  
MintIou

Unban Request: Mintlou

Player Name (at time of banning): Mintlou

SteamID: yeak ok

Ban/mute Reason Given: An ambiguous array of comments, shit talking and OB disrespect being the most prominent

Server Banned From: All

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate (Including any evidence to support your claim): 1 month for shit talking?

Date of incident: 12/01/14

I was banned for saying things about people and OB. No one else seems to understand why a member of over 2 years was banned for a month.

I thought it was maybe another troll, how am I to know? I thought well if it is, I'd be happy away for a month because it's too far. It's not a troll is it? I'm actually banned for making stupid comments about people. Is it my attitude? I love OB. I am just having a few issues with some members. We can sort this out. Biggles I want you to talk to me. Don't call me a BenNevis. Only about 5 members actually remember him, it's irrelevant when those who don't start using that as a reason.

Stop backing off and blocking me.

Will this post get deleted?

I hope so, to be honest. This post versus your attitude last night is about as consistent as your pick of worst admin on OB. It seems to change daily.

Also, you got around a forum ban by making another account????

I don't know what happened, but I'd like to comment. Why don't you leave the server when you start getting annoyed by certain people? Personally I noticed when coming back on OB I would get annoyed a bit faster than in the past (Dave got an experience with that), disregarding if the reasons to get annoyed are good or bad its best to try and avoid these moments.

Personally I got people I instant mute when they join the server, others which if they are CT I'll leave immediately. Maybe give that a try.

Cause however you put it saying things about members in a negative way constantly will just make the server toxic.

From someone who has absolutely no idea what has happened, I think we need to take this slow. We do not want a repeat of previous events do we and it does not need to blow up. This has all the ingredients for a Tweep or similar incident. I need to hear the full story to make any certain opinion though and I am not taking sides or anything. Just need the 100% facts that's all.

From someone who has absolutely no idea what has happened, I think we need to take this slow. We do not want a repeat of previous events do we and it does not need to blow up. This has all the ingredients for a Tweep or similar incident. I need to hear the full story to make any certain opinion though and I am not taking sides or anything. Just need the 100% facts that's all.

I got a great idea for the next OB event, we'll reactant the events that happened. Everyone gets a different role, at the end the hosts decide weather or not Mintlou gets banned or not.

From what I gathered before I was banned I was told that I was being banned. That's it so I assumed it was just a teamspeak ban. Instead I'm revoked of membership and also banned from the forums for a month. The teamspeak ban is perhaps the only one I can I can see having the greatest importance to anyone.

Why did I lose member? You didn't tell me that bit, which is why I felt wronged . The punishment for what actually went on was far too disproportionate, as shown by people's reaction to this ban.

FFS, this is an admin situation, not "everybody type your personal feelings and hope it starts a revolution" situation.

Just leave it to the admins to have their final thoughts/feelings, otherwise, all your doing is ruining the credibility of this un-ban.

From what I gathered before I was banned I was told that I was being banned. That's it so I assumed it was just a teamspeak ban. Instead I'm revoked of membership and also banned from the forums for a month. The teamspeak ban is perhaps the only one I can I can see having the greatest importance to anyone.

Why did I lose member? You didn't tell me that bit, which is why I felt wronged . The punishment for what actually went on was far too disproportionate, as shown by people's reaction to this ban.

You shouldn't keep on changing your mind all the time Mintlou, stick to a decision otherwise they won't seem to matter. It would of been explained to you had you not rage quit the teamspeak in the middle of it.

It wasn't a rage quit. It was me going 'this is another tr0ll'. I'm so used to it now how am I supposed to recognise the two when the last one went so far?

This is blowing up far more than it needs to. I'd be quite happy at this point to forget about it and move on, providing that you don't block me and still make jokes about me. Then ban me for striking back. How long has the my mum joke been going on? You paint vivid images that shock people with how crude you get. You keep repeating some lie about a social worker. You keep purposely excluding me from games and actually thrive on it when you hear me complaining.

I make some shit up about you, it goes down hill fast for me. How am I supposed to act to keep things civil when this is going on?

I slept poorly as I’m still trying to fix my sleep cycle, so apologies if things are not worded as clearly as they should be.

Firstly, the ban was not shit-talking. The ban was for becoming a tumour on the community, being consistently two-faced and dishonest. “Saying things” – well, yeah. I’d probably use the phrase being ever negative, and more focused on being the centre of attention than resolving any issue.

I think every member of the admin team, over the past months, has talked to you about how to improve your situation. You always agree in these discussions, yet as soon as you leave wherever we’re talking, and move to another channel, you’re already bitching, blowing things out of proportion and creating drama. You refuse to take on board anything you’ve been given as advice, and then complain and moan when, after you've repeated your behaviour prior to the talk, nothing seems to change.

For someone who loves OB, I find your attitude incredibly incongruous. Someone who loves OB would generally try and do their best to fit into it, not force OB to bend itself to your will. Someone who loves OB would not be trying to stir shit at every given opportunity. What you love, far more than OB, is drama and conflict, preferably with you at its centre.

I completely understand why Biggles doesn’t want to unmute you. You say you can sort it out? Well, you have had tonnes of opportunities to sort things out in the past. You have been hand-fed what you need to do to sort it out. But you don’t take it in, and refuse to learn from past mistakes. Also, you still have access to 75% of the admin team, and believe it or not, all decisions are (at worst) arrived at by council vote, as democratic as it can be without calling a referendum for every decision. A bit different from your favourite claim of Biggles as dictator of Outbreak. Also, at Biggles’ behest, we increasingly include not just mods but smods in decision making. So if we’re a dictatorship, as you and your fellow dramabreakers love to claim, then we’re a pretty big one, with a rather loose grasp on power.

What you want is not access to those who make decisions, but you just want Biggles to acquiesce to your demands, despite him having absolutely zero incentive to do so. As stated previously, you refuse to learn, even when a lesson is taught to you as bloody didactically as possible, so why should he unmute you? That’s between you and him – not between you and the community. Make a thread about Jak muting you if you find it so heinous. And stop placing such onus on him being owner. It’s basically just a licence to hurl abuse at him, whilst he doesn’t have any veto powers or anything. When you speak to Gaffer, Conor, Biggles or me, you’re speaking to someone who has equal power in decision making. It’s a system where, through voting, we balance each others' human flaws out. The voting system has infuriated every one of us at some point, but we also realise that it largely arrives at better decisions than one mind would alone. Or a pool of bad ideas, as you called it.

Also, re: the mum thing, get a fucking grip. Who takes mum jokes seriously? If that puts a bee in your bonnet, then this really isn’t the place for you. You are, as an individual, one of the most venomous, nasty and abusive people on here. You consistently attack people for things they can’t help. Some do it to you, which I also disagree with. I'm sure I've done this too, particularly when in a vile mood, though I accept it's wrong, and I try not to do it. But if you’re going to give it out, be prepared to take it.

And as for you’d be happy to forget about it? That’s very kind of you, but unless I’m over-stepping the mark here, I think I speak on behalf of those who actually know the facts when I say ‘we respectfully decline your offer’. You have a month to forget about it. So don’t worry. Your posting this thread just highlights that you’re happy to cause drama so long as you’re the star of the show.

EDIT: "Instead I'm revoked of membership and also banned from the forums for a month. The teamspeak ban is perhaps the only one I can I can see having the greatest importance to anyone."

That's an absolute lie. You were told, in completely unambiguous terms, that you were getting member revoked. Re: the ban, you left before anything could be explained, but being told "you have a month ban", without specifying where - how did you assume that it would only be TS? As for TS being the only important place to ban you from - look at the shit you can stir on the forums in just three posts.

"From what I gathered before I was banned I was told that I was being banned." Another lie, though more by implication. You just left before anything could be explained.

Also, apologies to members who haven't known what was going on. I've been AFK at the folks'. It should've been communicated earlier.