Sign in to follow this  
Wist

Cleaning gear

Keyboards:

I took every key off and washed them in the sink, with a mild detergent and warm water. Let them dry and pop'em back in.

Mice:

I steam cleaned mine (carefully) and then wiped with a lint free cloth. Also Alcohol wipes/lens cleaning wipes work well for anything plastic, glass or rubber.

PC:

Take side panel off and agitate dust with a soft brush whilst having a vacuum cleaner nozzle nearby to suck the dust up, it's also worth hoovering the external vents too, to remove dust and restore optimal airflow. I have also taken my graphics card out to clean that on its own as it has fans and small crevices not accessible when installed.

Mouse mat:

If fabric mat, a damp sponge and a small amount of upholstery cleaner will do the trick. (I generally use car ones as they are designed for seating and not 95 year old pensioner sick like home carpet ones are.)

If smooth, sponge and something a bit stronger, Fairy Liquid or something.

Headphones:

My headphones happen to have removable ear pads, so every few months I take them off and clean them with washing powder or liquid making them pretty much new again when refitted.

Take off all the keys and leave them in a jug of rubbing alcohol for a while. I don't know how long so if the ink/whatever comes off draw everything back on with crayons then put little bits of celotape over them so the crayon doesn't come off.

If you're using cheap gear it would be better to just re-order everything for 5 pounds, honestly it's faster and cheaper.

cheap? cheap?? u think this rich ass motherfucker rolls with that weak ass shit son? this guy has got that strong peripheral game, bro. fuckin, Cartier keyboard, Gucci gaming headset, Max Mara mouse, you name it and this g's got it. his monitor is worth more than ur entire wardrobe. im almost sure that even as i type this, High Roller Harrison™ has a fuckin army of 24 carat gold shirt wearin homies sportin titanium mac10s rolling up on ur pauper ass, back street slum ass hovel home in full chromed out limos ready to pop a fuckin cap bro. that aint even a threat kid cos u no its true so u had best back down or u will feel the pain of billions raining down on u.

FUCK DUDE HERES ONE NOW I JUST SEEN HIM YO

2c1e70b7c9.jpg