Sign in to follow this  
Wist

Rejected!

I didn't apply there but i know for a fact from many experienced teachers that it's nothing to do with your background or how much money you have. They take no bribes, recently declining a guy willing to pay about £4m to get in. Infact, universities prefer those from state schools than private schools as it's shows more intelligence if they can achieve higher grades. I don't know the stats but although Oxbridge still have more private school pupils it's certainly showing a significant shift.

Bristol uni people are lads. Like Exeter.

Fuck Plymouth. #ProvincialRivalry xoxo

When I went to visit my friend at bristol uni, some people in the halls opposite his had written "meth" in post-it notes across 12 apartments. Also I arrived at ten in the morning and there was ten people drinking whiskey and rum out the bottle while burning a maplins catalog for entertainment.

And then this Chinese guy stared at me for a good hour.

All in all I would say it was a good experience.

How do Uni applications work? Do you send off a form and hope to get in?

Yah, in the UK you write an application can apply for up to (But don't have to) 5 universities in the UK. I think if you're planning to study outside the UK you apply separately.

In the application, you write the bog-standard stuff (Personal details, current qualifications and qualifications you're studying for, along with predicted grades etcetc)

You also write a statement with a limited number of characters describing yourself and why you wish to do the course. My Head of Sixth Form also wrote a reference about me, to basically back up what I was saying.

Universities get your application, they decide whether to make you an unconditional or conditional offer. Normally most people get a conditional offer (as you don't have the grades they want you) but some people, who are incredibly lucky will get an unconditional offer which in a nutshell means: This place on this course is now yours, unless YOU (not the university) decide you do not want it)

Anyway, then you do your exams (along with other optional projects to help you) and if you acquired the necessary grades for the university of your 'definite choice' then your offer is changed to an un-conditional and it becomes the same as I said before.

The place is now yours without question, unless you decide otherwise.

Word.

some people, who are incredibly lucky will get an unconditional offer which in a nutshell means: This place on this course is now yours, unless YOU (not the university) decide you do not want it)

I got one of these from Birmingham!

plot twist: jak was interviewed by a man

Two men and an ugly ginger girl 2 years above me. The guys wanted me there so I could give them PUA lessons and the girl wanted me there because she could just smell the overpowering odour of sexual prowess I emit.