Sign in to follow this  
ThorbenBAMF

Next Event - More time spend playing less time spend wanking

Kings and Queens was a lot of fun. The sad thing is it was only fun for the 30min we actually did something. The rest of the time was spend sorting shit out and fucking around(For me it was time spend dead cause I suck). This isn't something the people that host the event can do anything about so no hate on you guys. (Fuck Biggles though... Setting me up on my king round to only crouch like a fucking crab AND YOU ONLY DID THAT SHIT ON MY ROUND YOU M!"#!"#!")

My idea is to have more events where you spend more time playing the game and less time setting up. I love the idea of setting something up to make the events seem unique and different from normal C:SS but there's got to be a way we can do that and still play for the most part of the event instead of spending the time being dead or listening to people explaining the event.

Sadly I am not creative enough to post tons of ideas for events like these that's why I wanted to make this post. If anyone got an idea for a event that won't take too much setting up and focuses on playing time but still keeps the traditional "Come to this event because it's different from normal C:SS"-vibe that OB has created please post your ideas. I think I can edit this post and add whatever idea people come up with too it so we can have a list of them. I'll start it off with a shitty one!

- Football tourney

- Last man standing. Simple event: The host picks 3 maps to do the event on. It's free for all so only one person will win on each map. Only weapon allowed is the knife.

-

I vote we have a tinychat brainstorm with a massive fucking whiteboard. I've got a few ideas for some events and I'm sure a bunch or other people do to. We just need to white them all down and bounce them around a bit before they become a reality.

We should utilise all the business features of google crome.

Could be fun.

50% of it was Biggles and Twist repeating the rules to people who didn't listen; so i suppose in events where the rules are fairly complicated it should be made your job to read the rules before the event. Then the host should clearly read out the rules on the day and then ask if anyone wants anything repeating or has any questions. And if anyone clearly fucks up on a rule then slay/kick/ban however drastic it was - and that's their problem, they've had multiple opportunities.

The reason there was so much setup is because of the store issues people were having, the fact that buying an Item does not equip it etc.

For next time there should be a list of instructions on the forums of what needs to be done, have the server open at 6:30 to allow people to use the store and warm up, and teams should be decided before the event.

I think you guys misunderstood my point. It's not just the setting up part. More events where people play for the most part of the event instead of spending time dead or listening to someone explain something.

Also when you gather 20+ you should expect a bunch of them not to read the rules. That's just the way it is. (But that isn't the point)

Edited by Guest

it does get annoying at the beginning when it takes a while to get going. but it requires co-op from the players e.g don't kill players and stay still. I as guilty as anyone else but I will try harder in the future. also I never read event pages because tl;dr and I I know it will be read when we get in game.

Its a little disrespectful this title, a lot of hard work and time went into this Event, we have all played our fair share of events and know how hard it is to set up and run smoothly, especially when they have to make changes to people and also explain the rules and when people don't listen.

The event was good, well planned out and very fun.

Its a little disrespectful this title, a lot of hard work and time went into this Event, we have all played our fair share of events and know how hard it is to set up and run smoothly, especially when they have to make changes to people and also explain the rules and when people don't listen.

The event was good, well planned out and very fun.

I'm not sure if you guys read the post. I was complaining about the time we spend on being dead, listening to orders and etc. I am not bashing the people hosting event. That's why I suggested we do more events that focus more on playing time instead of everything else.

But the thread is more like a complain about how long it took to start the event which isn't even the point of the post. Seems like nobody actually read the actual post.. ironic since the thing people are complaining about is reading the rules but they don't even read this post that is adressing another problem.

Proffesor is the only person who actually did what I wanted from this post. He came up with a good idea to come up with future events that focus on playing time. But the rest of you went off-topic.