Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Driving and cars

Sup'

I turn 17 on Saturday and am having my first driving lesson. I just wanted to know who drives on here and how you found learning. Also what cars have you got or which cars are you hoping to get.

I've wanted to drive since I was a kid so it should be exciting, the car that I want is:

1989 Austin Mini

IMG_0758_880x660.jpg?1370526438&displayId=1002

Another thing you could include is how much you currently pay for insurance, because that's what drives the cost up.

(I know there was a thread similar to this a while back, but this is an update)

this

this

this

I've been driving for 8 years, I pay fuck all for insurance because I have 7 years no claims (didn't start accumulating until a year after I passed) and I'm currently driving a 1.1 so they're not exactly worried about me going anywhere fast...

Learning was fun at first then it was shit because it just gets long and you want to drive on your own. Passing is fucking fantastic.

Took me about a year to drive, with a 3 month break in the middle.

Now I can drive, I can't afford a car, insurance too high for an old shitty car, prices to high, as well as insurqace for a new car.

Don't know why I bothered.

Finally passing (for the first time mia) was amazing, especially since I fucked both my mock tests up. But since then I drove once which was amazing. But parking in dartmouth is a cunt :P

Finally passing (for the first time mia) was amazing, especially since I fucked both my mock tests up. But since then I drove once which was amazing. But parking in dartmouth is a cunt :P

Dem feelz. :'( Dartmouth is somewhere between London and Hell in terms of how easy it is to park there.

Cost under £100 and don't have to pay any insurance or tax. Best form of transport ever.

adidas-gazelle.jpg

Please take your week's shopping home without frozen things melting/move a heavy chest of drawers from one house to another/get to, say, here with 3 friends and full camping gear ;)

Gaz at least you did it though, now you've got a licence so if you move somewhere easier to have a car, or decide you do want to drive, you can straight away.

Cost under £100 and don't have to pay any insurance or tax. Best form of transport ever.

adidas-gazelle.jpg

Please take your week's shopping home without frozen things melting/move a heavy chest of drawers from one house to another/get to, say, here with 3 friends and full camping gear ;)

...nice trainers though right?

Dont keen driving

yeah its good

but dont be that person that keens out as soon as you turn 17

Wait like 4 months then maybe start up,

then make sure you've been learning for a while before being tested, just to know rain, ice, frog, snow