Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

CSGO

Originally Posted by Valve

[ARMS DEAL UPDATE]

-Visit http://blog.counter-strike.net/armsdeal/ for complete details.

--Ten Weapon Collections have been released.

--Standard and eSports Weapon Cases now available - a portion of the proceeds from eSports Weapon Case Key sales will help support prize pools for upcoming community competitive CS:GO tournaments.

--Weapon Cases have a chance to contain new knives and StatTrak weapons, which track all player kills with that weapon.

--Players can receive decorated weapons through timed item drops, available on any VAC-secure server.

-All Arms Deal Update items can be traded.

-All Arms Deal Update items can be sold and purchased through the Steam Marketplace (visit the FAQ for details).

-Every decorated weapon has a unique finish and exterior condition and can be thoroughly inspected in game. The ability to launch the in-game inspection view for an item is available in the Steam Inventory, Community Market, and Steam Trading.

[uI]

-Upgraded Scaleform version to 4.2.

-Improved memory management of Scaleform UI elements.

-Added Inventory to Main Menu and the In-Game Pause Menu.

-Added Loadout to Main Menu and the In-Game Pause Menu.

-Added blog.counter-strike.net blog to the main menu

-Added drop shadows to some UI element text for improved readability.

-Improved some HUD layouts to avoid overlap.

-Game no longer truncates player names in most HUD UI elements. Fonts will now scale down to fit the full string.

-When a player picks up a weapon, the original owner of that weapon will now be indicated.

-Fixed certain buttons missing clicks

[GAMEPLAY]

-Added Silenced M4A1.

-Added Silenced USP.

-New weapons can be equipped through the Inventory UI.

-When a player reloads their weapon, they now drop a magazine that persists in the world.

-Machine gun belts now visually match the ammo count in the viewmodel when firing and reloading.

-Added holdable action key +lookatweapon that allows players to visually inspect their first person weapon while in-game. This has been bound to the F key by default (if that key was previously unbound).

-Players now automatically crouch while planting bombs.

[MATCHMAKING]

-Adding matchmaking servers in Brazil.

I personally feel that the m4 and usp is a good idea! aswell as the inspection of the gun (SO COOL) but as for the rest... is there any need for it?

What are your thoughts?

- Silenced M4A1: 20 round mags and 60 rounds total ammo

- USP/silenced USP: 12 round mags and 36 rounds total ammo

- When you reload, your mag is dropped on the floor and remains for the game (why?) (could potentially be useful in comp games if different gun mags are different)

- Auto crouch when planting the bomb (why???)

- Still no fixes for the major problems: accuracy issues, op P90, weird movements, no 128tick servers etc

All in all a bad update that CODifies the game even more and adds nothing of real gameplay value.

They have ruined the game. Made it into some type of free to play shit game where you can buy skins for your guns. Also why add a separate gun with the silencer on, why not just allow the option to put it on like on Cs and CSS. Will be sticking with CSS.

USP is better than the p2k which was fucking shit and made the game T sided, game is more balanced now. As for the skins and shit the money you pay for them goes towards prize funds for future CSGO events, which is great. Overall great update to a great game which gets a lot of hate for some reason, people seem to think 1.6 was some sort of godlike game that can't be touched when in all honesty I prefer CSGO.

I've already paid for the game, fuck off am I paying any more for shit DLC. This isn't XBox Live or Call of Duty.

The new USP has pretty much the same damage and accuracy ratings as the P2000, along with having a total of only 36 bullets.

There are serious issues with CS:GO with regards to accuracy, recoil and in-game movement: aim punch affects recoil to the point of no control, A-D-A-D strafe spamming has little to no effect on accuracy, there is no loss of accuracy when falling, there are plenty more problems too. None of these were addressed whatsoever in the update even though so many people are asking for it.

I like the look and feel of GO in general but the gameplay is shocking right now. And 1.6 really was godlike, there's a reason it maintained high publicity professional play for a solid 10 years.

I've already paid for the game, fuck off am I paying any more for shit DLC. This isn't XBox Live or Call of Duty.

The new USP has pretty much the same damage and accuracy ratings as the P2000, along with having a total of only 36 bullets.

There are serious issues with CS:GO with regards to accuracy, recoil and in-game movement: aim punch affects recoil to the point of no control, A-D-A-D strafe spamming has little to no effect on accuracy, there is no loss of accuracy when falling, there are plenty more problems too. None of these were addressed whatsoever in the update even though so many people are asking for it.

I like the look and feel of GO in general but the gameplay is shocking right now. And 1.6 really was godlike, there's a reason it maintained high publicity professional play for a solid 10 years.

You don't need to pay for the DLC, it's the same as DotA 2, it's there for the people who want it to help the game grow and the last time I checked DotA 2 is a fucking massive eSports game.

As for the USP v p2k, I want to see those stats cause tbh the USP felt SOOOO much better than the p2k.

The strafe spam only works with SMG's and pistols, yes it's a problem but it doesn't work on rifles.

Valve will keep improving the game and make it great, everyone just needs to chill out and be more open minded, especially 1.6 elitists.

I like the update. They need more overall mags though instead of 20/40 make it 20/80 or something.

I would love if they added more options to make the crosshair like 1.6 (for example the crosshair wont expand while moving but expands while shooting) currently there is an option for it (cl_crosshairstyle 5) but it doesn't expand enough to help control recoil when spraying.

But yea the update is really nice. Also they haven't turned it into a "free to play shit" lol... Also the game hasn't been ruined. I agree with landshark on this one.

If they want to make another FPS game, fine, but at the moment it feels like the only thing that's "counter-strike" about GO is the maps. Not really, but you get my point. It doesn't play like 1.X or source and that kind of sucks, the whole thing about those games is how well they played. GO just feels like pure luck and very dumbed down. Different strokes and all that though. I get why some people want a bright blue gun, not have to think about buying armour or a defuse kit and charge at people with a P90, it's just not for me.

Re: the ADADAD on rifles:

It works there too. I'll find the USP : P2000 stats link again and post it in here.

To be honest I think the main thing I'm pissed off about is that they've not addressed the most important issues that people have been complaining about for a long time. I know I don't have many hours in the game but it's pretty much because of those issues that I've not been playing it much.

USP is better than the p2k which was fucking shit and made the game T sided, game is more balanced now. As for the skins and shit the money you pay for them goes towards prize funds for future CSGO events, which is great. Overall great update to a great game which gets a lot of hate for some reason, people seem to think 1.6 was some sort of godlike game that can't be touched when in all honesty I prefer CSGO.

You yourself have said in the recent past this: "1.6 > CS:GO > CSS".

Vive le landshit. But on topic, how do they keep it balanced with all the weapons? Haven't played it enough to judge but am just curious.