Sign in to follow this  
Quinn

A Short Story

A short story inspired by doomblade's "The Glorious Outbreak" (it's not as rapey)

It was a cold winter night, Professor, as he usually does, was happily hueing away. But UnSeen felt awfuly lonely, so he decided to join the jailbreak server.

The map was ob_jail_sand, Tiny and Biggles were desperately trying to get the gravity cube, UnSeen payed no attention to them, he approached Professor, who was drawing willys in medic and softly said "Hey, how are you?"

"Fine, thanks" replied Professor.

"I've been meaning to tell you something" UnSeen mentioned, cheeks turning red.

"What is it?" Professor had a light tone in his voice when saying this, almost as if he was hopeful of something.

"Well..." UnSeen couldn't force himself to say it, his cheeked turned looked like they were burning, Professor grabbed UnSeen's hand and softly whispered "Are you ok?", Unseen smiled and softly said "Yes, but I love you Professor" Silence.

UnSeen was on the brink of tears, desperate that Professor would accept him. Without recieving an answer UnSeen quickly left the server.

The following day the server was brimming with people, UnSeen and Professor being two of them, nothing was said between the two, whenever Professor activated his microphone UnSeen would freeze up in fear.

Through many rounds of ob_jail_mars it finally came down to UnSeen being the last T, and likewise for Professor, the last CT, UnSeen asked to do a custom !lr, almost instantly Professor embraced UnSeen in a freindly hug and the two cried onto eachothers shoulders.

Edit: This story is based off of true events. #TrueMovies

Edited by Guest

Prof was coy, his eyes cast aground. Yet Fluxy stood there, body rigid. The moon was cool upon the cream tones of their skin, and the wind played through the trees. All was quiet in the wake of what Fluxy had said, save for the rustle of the pines.

Darkened silhouettes lit silver by moon, they felt bare despite their dinner jackets. It had been their leavers' ball. Prof and Fluxy just stood, for a long time, as the sounds of the party washed over them, as Mediterranean sea over pebble, on some distant beach on the Cote D'Azur, far away from the serious and sad implications of Scottish relations.

'Did you hear me?'

Prof nodded, slowly, reticently.

'I heard you.'

'Then say something.'

'What is there to say?'

'Something.'

'What's done is done.'

A girl in a black dress cried out; she had lost her bracelet, but it was all right. Her father would buy her a new one.

'You're going there... And I'm not. What do you want me to say, Fluxy?'

'That it isn't over.'

At that moment, the moon caught the onyx of Prof's cufflink as he moved to turn away; it shone dark. An owl called, in tremulous defiance of the scene, a desperate cry against the champagne, against the privilege, against the tragedy of--

Prof kissed Fluxy, and held the crook of his jaw in his hand. They stared, eyes dewed with longing, and with that sadness which comes with any acceptance of the inevitable.

'You are going away. So am I.'

'But I love you.'

'It doesn't matter anymore. None of it does. Not for you. Not for me.'

Prof sighed.

'Not for people like us.'

Prof turned, and this time, he made for the party. There was no noise now, save that distant inconsequential crash of youth and joy. His patent leather shoes finally found their click on the ancient flagstone skirting the great manor house, a gothic affair of extreme beauty.

Fluxy was locked where he had stood, playing passive recipient to that breathless, tragic kiss. He whispered to the wind, 'why?'

But there was no answer, save for the mournful cry of the owl, and the cool caress of the breeze.

Venga, that was an article of writing that I shall put in my black book of cool shit. Taken the time to write the whole thing out in old style quill and ink, simply because it was actually a good read. Well done. You have achieved immortality in my eyes by making my black book.

You done good son.

Also that hit home hard. I actually have onyx cufflinks. Why must good things end? :c