Sign in to follow this  
Rami

Map

The cells on my map are 2 big seperate ones with 2 floors. 1 floor with toilets ect, and the other above with beds and that. There is one vent which leads out. I'm not sure where yet but that'l come into plan when i expand on my map.

And yes i'l make sure to have a decent climb as i've had multiple requests and ill make sure to get a bhop in aswell.

Also i have a problem i need help with.

I'm trying to make the pool but when i launch my map to test it if it works, the top texture is just an opaque black colour. The pool works fine i can shoot it, swim in it, and make the water splash. It's just the top texture that's not working as it should normally be transparant or just slightly opaque. I've tryed multiple materials. I'm currently using dev_water3 texture.

If i cant fix it im afraid ill have to drop any water ideas. But i'll still try and have the wipeout minigame except you'll simply fall to your death if you get knocked off.

I can give a screenshot if you want any.

Rami, talk to Proxima. Now that Kriss (RIP) has gone, he's probably the next best thing.

Also, try Wayne Dwake. Either of them should be happy to help you, i know Wayne used water textures in a few of his maps.

Ok thanks tiny =)

As long as you dont turn it into a rebel fest

If you jam pack it full with secrets i swear to god i will bust a nut

Haha Twist i cant promise there wont be no secrets but i promise i wont put a stupid amount ;)

Dont worry i'm only putting in a couple of grenades / flash / smokes in the cells no guns at all.

Visible cells so that T's can't just hide in their toilets

Biggles there is a toilet area but it's really open and visible for the CTs to spot the hiders.

No cell camping in my map c: (Hopefully anyway)

Mapping.. This reminds me... I forgot about wayne his map. Will take a look at his map soon.

As for your problem rami, check if the water isn't out of the pool itself + it might get glitched if u added a func_ to it.

Also, did u use a special envirement setting or something that changed the lights (sun) in that area?

Mapping.. This reminds me... I forgot about wayne his map. Will take a look at his map soon.

As for your problem rami, check if the water isn't out of the pool itself + it might get glitched if u added a func_ to it.

Also, did u use a special envirement setting or something that changed the lights (sun) in that area?

I haven't used any lighting at all yet, i'm gonna do that when i've finished the map.

It isn't out the pool, i've tried it on multiple test saves and it's the same black texture on top. :s

Also i finished off the climb this morning :D.

Starting on bhop now.

Post screenies my man, you seem to be coming along very fast, from what I heard mapping takes months

Well it took me over half a day to just do the climb haha.

I also added a 'fail room' to my climb, so if you fail the jump and fall you get teleported into it.

It's very useful for the CTs to decide what to do with the failers as you can only open it from the outside with a button.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130175398

Fail room image ^