Sign in to follow this  
Stiqqy

Predator mod being a server?

People do not seem to understand the concept of having to many servers.

We need a bigger playerbase to run more servers. Since if we were to open one or two servers more then all servers would have 5-10 players on if not less. And in the end the servers will just die.

A good example was Riot they opened up 3 servers at the same time at the very start. Leaving 2 servers empty the whole time and 1 with 5 players. At this moment their are many communities which have about 10-20 servers and about 60%-80% is either empty or only 2-5 players.

To succeed as a community you need to focus on 1 server at a time. Trying to reach a good filled server for atleast 12H of the day. And if that worked out you could consider getting another server. However keep in mind the playerbase from that first server will decrease since they will go to the second server aswell. Needing to be filled once again on both server with the same concept before you can create a 3rd server.

AKA We need more players before we can open another server.

Should we advertise the surf server a bit more then? Because JB is nearly always full, but surf is only half or less most of the time. Maybe you should add something to surf that makes it unique so people will want to play on it rather than other surf servers?

Should we advertise the surf server a bit more then? Because JB is nearly always full, but surf is only half or less most of the time. Maybe you should add something to surf that makes it unique so people will want to play on it rather than other surf servers?

That's true, surf does see a lot of downtime on players but recently has been getting more so I wouldn't really worry about it, and most people can't surf or are just learning to but when they get better then it should be just as full as JB I think.

It's not about getting better..

Well you know, just getting better at surfing at the basic level, because I know that if you can't really surf properly and someone who can really well comes and kills you over and over it can get frustrating but once people get over that initial bump then I'm sure they will enjoy it more and go on it more, if you know what I mean? :)

I guess I "know what you mean", however for me it is the mod itself I think. Only reason I join it is because none are in jailbreak at some momments...

Anyway, I think we're getting off-topic here, since this tread was about Predator Mod becoming a server and not to think about how we could make Surf more poppular..

This tread can get locked I think.

It won't happen & it's certainly not for the coming months. (and longer)