Sign in to follow this  
Professor

Merry Christmas!

Hey everyone. Was just sitting here doing some Christmas shopping and had a thought, so I thought I might share.

Does anyone fancy doing a OB Secret Santa?

We could get everyone who wants to do it sign up in a forum like this, then put everyone's names in a hat. Everyone would then get the name of somebody else who signed up and get them a wee gift off steam or something.

With a maximum price range of like £5 to keep it fair for us poor people.

Just thought it might be something fun and nice to do.

Merry Christmas.

<3

Seeing as we dont have any mailing addresses then it would be restricited to steam games? unless people would be willing to put mailing address down and then you could resort to amazon but I dont know how many people would want to do that.

I would be up for this, perhaps restrict to members/donators only, nothing would be worse then having someone put their name down then not get someone something. All members of the Secret Santa should add each other on steam, every single one of them. So it still stays secret who has who, unless biggles gets twist and he would say, I got you bbz.

I like this idea, something harmless and fun

Best thing to do in a sensative case like this is have someone monitor this.

As in someone will know who has who. So that noone can cheap out and get something but not sending something back.

Although this person will not play in this game/event thing I can do it if you want.

The person who monitors it could still play, i'm doing secret santa right now in work, and it goes like this;

One person assigns everyone a random name from the list (via generator/out-of-a-hat)

The person assigning names gets the last name in the hat (so he can still play)

People spend UP TO £5, no more, on a game from Steam, then at the same time we all gift it to the person we were given.

Fun timez.

If you're worried about people cheaping out (which i trust people not to do) then we can all join TS and take it in turns. Ex.

'I got Fluxy, here's your gift'

'I got Daemonic, here's your gift (it's puberty)'

and so on. :>