Sign in to follow this  
PAINSCOPE!

Abuse in game and any policy behind it?

I do generally speaking, some instances have been a mistake and I hold my hands up to them in reflection. But another rule is to respect players - reffering your point back to you.

I know what you're reffering to Jdog and to clarify, it wasn't a joke, it was an exaggeration. Making a point by using an extreme example, not to create humour in this instance.

The cancer thing is not and has never been an issue for me pain, and that is and was never a reason I gave for a ban, it was pure chance that it was personal and you were not to know! Respect for players painscope PLEASE...

It is pretty easy if I may say to awnser this question. Lets first look on what we see as banter and what we see as plain abuse.

We take banter as something that is directed towards a player and he himself can or is laughing about it aswell. So he accepts the words and laughs them off since they mean nothing but just a mere joke.

Abuse however is something that is pointed towards a person and he himself doesnt think he should be treated this way. It is quite normal if I may say that if someone calls you a asshole with a reason next to it to feel abused. Since the asshole is there just to enlarge the reason since lets face it the cursing doesnt add any more information. This is just plain abuse. Now ofcourse were on the internet, but we have set our limits. If someone is comming on the server continues cursing for no reason or being a total dick towards one player since for some reason he wsnt killed in the right way in his eyes. He will and should be punished.

In the end it is all situational. Since at inapropriate times even banter can be held as abusive behaviour.

Honnestly though I would expect any person reading this to say: Ye I knew that.

Since lets face it this is nothing more then common sence.

Ah okay cool McLovin :) was just wondering if there were any strict rules for certain types but it seems more based on the situation than anything else, just looking for more information on this :)

You're right Tweep, it was Charlie that banned me so Tweep wasn't being hypocritical sorry Biggles :P