Sign in to follow this  
Brawler

Issue with PC

My PC has been very irritating lately, as it has many issues. One of them being "IRQL" errors when I pull out my wifi adapter.

Another issue is that my mouse keeps on freezing, then about a fraction of a second later, the cursor (or crosshair) goes where it was going to be if the freeze had not occured.

Please help,

<3 Brawler.

What I do in these types of situations is spend around an hour researching my error on google to see if anyone else had the same error and if they found a fix.

If that fails, I ask Popey.

If that fails, format PC.

If THAT fails, throw your whole PC including mouse and keyboard outside the window. On top of that throw 6 eggs, 7 potatoes, 3 cucumbers and 9 cabbages at it whilst shouting Allahu Akbar and pray you wont get locked up for a fake terrorist attack. Then of course buy a new setup.

If THAT FAILS, I heard that jail food isn't that bad.

To fill in on what happened here, It is a desktop PC with this WiFi dongle adapter. There is no access for a wired connection which is why he's using it.

We had a similar issue at work, it points to some process which is ran by the driver. Maybe if you source the correct driver BEFORE uninstalling the current one. Install the new driver over the old one and see if that helps.

IRQL errors are errors that occur with corrupt devices or software, just like blue screens or death. Don't just pull ur wifi adapter out. Main cause of ur problem probably. Im not sure about the mouse failure, have u tried another mouse? And like what mintlou said, try to get the lastest and CORRECT drivers.

Edited by Raw

Im not too sure about the Wifi Adapter , but what i would suggest trying is going to device manager , uninstalling the wireless device and re installing it . (no files needed) , this has helped me with issues on mine . Also with the mouse , mine used to do that and its the most frustrating thing in the world .

Step 1 : Make sure drivers are up to date

step 2: make sure the cable (if not wireless) is not damaged 

step 3 (this one fixed mine) , clean the laser inside the mouse , To do this without taking it apart , get a tissue , roll it between your hands and make a thin stick like thing out of the tissue , or get a cotton wool bud used to clean your ears , and then stick this into the mouse and move it around on the laser , this will clean any dust on the laser off and therefor not interrupting with the movement of the mouse.

Hope this might help :)