Sign in to follow this  
Iszuka™

Battlestations

Watercooling the best? Have you guys never heard of liquid nitrogen?

Tiny if you don't even know which one is the best why would you even go through te effort, or are you planning on becomming an overclocker after you buy the water cooler? Otherwise it's a bit silly to buy one. (More silent+less heat but if you don't overclock fuck that).

Also, that tension when I know people are getting better PC's than me and I won't be first in the server anymore :( :(

My bro has 5 fans on his build, 1 is freaking huge, I have never stepped into a room as cold as his in my life. Its a bit cheaper than water cooling, safer. But if you buy the wrong ones, or you install it incorrectly, "YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME".

that includes, sounds, resistance, tampering. Cold ass room if you don't have an insulated case.

Because i want the best of out my computer? It's not like this stuff is insanely difficult to learn.

I simply wanted peoples opinions :) and a friend of mine studying computer science is coming over this weekend to help out.

I've mostly ordered the parts alongside him and another friend who works at a PC repair shop, just because they know what to get and what not.

I was asking about the cooling because i'm sat in work with nothing to do and you lot probably know more about this area than i do.

In response to the overclocking - yes i probably will OC abit, although hopefully the computer i'm building won't need it for the current games out..

are you planning on becomming an overclocker after you buy the water cooler? Otherwise it's a bit silly to buy one. (More silent+less heat but if you don't overclock fuck that).

If water cooling reduces the temperature the most, and is silent, then why is it silly to buy one? At least then it leaves room for me to OC in the future, even if i don't now.

The point of me buying and building this PC now is because, like Twist's, it'll be future proof for a good while.

@Gingl3 - I'm probably gonna roll with normal Fans. Liquid cooling is interesting, but not needed i think.

If water cooling reduces the temperature the most, and is silent, then why is it silly to buy one?

Because you run the risk of getting your computer wet without any real benifits (if you do'n't OC). Now if you are a very patient person you can drain it each time etc. that isn't my style though.

Indeed. I'll probably go with normal fans. Liquid coolings looks awesome but seems unnecessary unless you have like a multi-monitor gaming command station lolololo

Yup. If you're not overclocking much, the stock fans/heatsinks will be fine. Liquid cooling is for very high end builds. I don't use it due to cost, and if it goes wrong, it could damage all components in your PC. A faulty fan will be easily detectable, and won't cause damage.

Water cooling has interested me, the guy i bought my mobo+processor from had it overclocked from 3.3ghz to 4ghz with a cooler.

The installation does seem a bit daunting, but i'm sure there will be a technique you'll follow to limit the chance of it leaking.

That said, i'm not getting a new cooler before i get a new case and PSU.

I'm gonna buy a new highendish cooling system but it won't be liquid. Probably a good heatsink.

Imma look when i get homez.

(someone link one on Amazon and i shall love you nearly as much as i love Jake.)

The only thing is, i have a 750w and i'm kinda worried it's not gonna run all the shit i'm putting into this.. GTX 680 Jetstream included.. urgh. Mo pc parts mo problems

(also after looking through this thread it seems like i'm trying to swing my e-peenor around. I'm not, i just don't wanna spend money on useless crap and you're all smart. :c)

750 will run anything reasonable.

People go higher just in case, you'd probably be fine with a 600/650, just doesn't cost much more to go higher.

So yeah, higher is only "in case", or if you're running like quad GPUs + 6 HDDs.

Look tony,

What you got there seems great, as with the cooling I have a corsair h100 water cooler and I've had no troubles so far - it runs silently pretty much and with my CPU (i7 3770k) overclocked to 4.5Ghz the cores run at a MAX of 40 degrees on the desktop but is mostly around 32 degrees. When I run dayz at Maximun everything including max render distance it runs at a max of around 60 degrees and dayz is a very CPU intensive game.

So, if you really want the very best out your CPU I would highly recommend investing some dollar into a good cooling unit, people are just a bit scared of water cooled because of the installing of it, but if done right its absolutely amazing.

Look tony,

What you got there seems great, as with the cooling I have a corsair h100 water cooler and I've had no troubles so far - it runs silently pretty much and with my CPU (i7 3770k) overclocked to 4.5Ghz the cores run at a MAX of 40 degrees on the desktop but is mostly around 32 degrees. When I run dayz at Maximun everything including max render distance it runs at a max of around 60 degrees and dayz is a very CPU intensive game.

So, if you really want the very best out your CPU I would highly recommend investing some dollar into a good cooling unit, people are just a bit scared of water cooled because of the installing of it, but if done right its absolutely amazing.

I'd have to double check but i THINK that's the exact same core i'm getting (i changed my mind about the one i linked from Amazon earlier).

How was the water cooler installation-wise? Did you do it yourself? Was it complicated? :E

I'm probably also gonna get a couple of these;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharkoon-Silent ... 969&sr=1-4

In the right size, of course. They got fantastic reviews.