Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Question about Cheating

Cheating on any game with our community will result in a permanent ban

Can someone please expand on this?

I have 'cheated' in many online games which are totally unrelated with Outbreak. I've never been banned as a result, as it isn't big cheating, but do things like hacking money on EuroTruck count? It was online with people from OB.

I appreciate I've already had this discussion with Conor, but I wanted something written down so the line isn't so blurry.

I personally feel that it should only count for VAC banned accounts or cheats on our servers that have sufficient evidence , otherwise the accusations and the whole process of getting someone banned will always be quite difficult to prove and justify.

Presumably it's for multiplayer games that OB play. If you botted 10m in runescape or once used a cheat in the sims then this isn't something to worry about but if you're cheating on an OB server or recently cheated on someones TF2 server then just let them know so shit doesn't hit the fan when people find out.

This counts to all OB related games, cheating in climb by taking a shortcut? Perma ban

Also Mintlou what are you going to do when someone joins the server with aimbot but he hasn't been vac banned yet, that's not majorly difficult to proof or to justify. Or cheating in LR for example.

I don't believe this is as ambiguous as it's being made out to be.

Think about it. If you:

1) Use a game hack/cheat/exploit that in the terms of the game rules itself, is bannable from multiplayer,

ie, multiplayer trainers, scripts, exploits, general online game breaking.

And

2) A member of OB witness it and/or OB staff find out about it,

Then don't cry when you get banned from OB in any way, shape or form.

Hacking is considered a social taboo in most communities and IMO, talking about it so casually as if to advertise your involvement in it won't do you any favours.

I do not believe this applies to using Cheat Engine on Hello Kitty Island Adventure single player for extra shiny gold coins, or using a trainer on GTA5 single player because you have no one to play online with.

Not implying this is directed at anyone. Jus saian.