Sign in to follow this  
Smokey

Far Cry® 3

Best farcry by far. Farcry 4 blows, never played primal

Yes, really a game full of adventure.

Far Cry 3 is brilliant, don't bother with 2, it's repetitive and 4 is shit.

Absolutely perfect game.

Nice!

I think there is even a co-op mode where you can play online together.

I got Farcry 3 on release date and i was amazed, i never heard of farcry before playing 3 and it is honestly the best in the series since i've gone back and played 2 & 1. But Farcry 4... is a bit shit(I also recommend picking up Farcry 3 blood dragon)

I dont see why people are ripping on FC4 for being shit. If you liked FC3 there is no reason why you wouldnt enjoy 4. They were essentially the same game. you could say that that detracts from your overall experience of the game I guess but they were honestly both pretty decent games and I enjoyed them thoroughly.

far cry 4 is basically 3 reskined, but i did throughly enjoy it because of the co-op.

But everything else is pretty much exactly the same, they could have tried to change it up a bit but eh. Primal seems boring and repetetive, but i haven't really played it myself and i probably won't.

1 and 2 are pretty generic and have almost nothing incommon with 3 and 4. So if you want the best one play 3, if you want the best with co-op go for 4. Just keep in mind that 4 is alot more expensive for obvious reason as it is still fairly new, while 3 was 5$ at one point (lol).

I only played a bit of far cry 3 and didnt really enjoy it, but this was near release and i only played cod and minecraft back then so i can't say much. Although ive played though far cry 4 over the past few days and have really enjoyed it, the story isnt the best and the combat is dumb at some points but it was a good waste of time.

1 and 2 are pretty generic and have almost nothing incommon with 3 and 4.

Um, I'm not really sure you could describe farcry 1 or 2 as generic. Generic implies they are the same as any other shooter, when FC 1 came out it was actually pretty different to anything else of the time. Far Cry 1 is actually a great great shooter,I would recommend anyone picking it up dirt cheap in a sale. Similar with FC2, there was a vision behind it but it was very poorly executed unfourtuantly. I don't think that makes it a bad game but it wasn't that fun to actually play.

Imo, FC 3 and 4 are actually more generic than the first 2 in terms of similarities to other shooters but they are better games because more effort and polish was put into them. Genericness doesn't nessearliy mean bad, it's about execution

1 and 2 are pretty generic and have almost nothing incommon with 3 and 4.

Um, I'm not really sure you could describe farcry 1 or 2 as generic. Generic implies they are the same as any other shooter, when FC 1 came out it was actually pretty different to anything else of the time. Far Cry 1 is actually a great great shooter,I would recommend anyone picking it up dirt cheap in a sale. Similar with FC2, there was a vision behind it but it was very poorly executed unfourtuantly. I don't think that makes it a bad game but it wasn't that fun to actually play.

Imo, FC 3 and 4 are actually more generic than the first 2 in terms of similarities to other shooters but they are better games because more effort and polish was put into them. Genericness doesn't nessearliy mean bad, it's about execution

Meh i dunno, they were for me. Despite everything the far cry series is amazing just 1 and 2 felt boring, unlike 3 and 4 where you have alot more posibilities. But i do agree that none of them are really bad games per say. I loved the gun game in 4 the most tho, that auto cover system made it feel so natural and polished.