Sign in to follow this  
Pandoric

Need more admins @ night time only!

Don't call me an idiot. You are the one failing to accept some very simple concepts here.
Sorry about that i wasn't in the right state of mind yesterday ,anyway iwas jsut pointing out the simple fact : that it would benifit the servers rules alot more if we ahd some admins dedicated to palying in a different time zone like USA.

I don't mean to be racist but almost all of the American players we have are either freekillers/racists or general assholes
i don't agree with this. Some Americans are but that's because they're pings are soo high they'd rather be on an American server so they're not exactly commited to a UK server .

Thruh my years of several server founders/owners I have seen this question uprise alot.

Its not gonna happen. All our admins are helping voluntairly. (or however you spell it.) Its not a payed job. We will not provide 24/7 service. And about the fact that "nothing" happens during day time". Im pretty sure the admin team has its hands full already on the server atm during day time. Coming back to your so its alright to break the rules thing. If we in any way find out any member of OB break the rules when no admin is allowed you will be removed from the group and have a doubled ban from the normal ban.

Sorry but its a game community not a bussiness.

First of all, i know some of the American players and they're lovely people. So no, we're not 'all thinking this'.

Second of all, think about the reason you have admins and promote new admins in the first place.

You promote new admins try to achieve as much coverage of the server as possible - if there's an obvious opening where no admins are avaliable then you promote someone to cover that slot?

I have no idea why that is such a difficult concept to grasp.

Instead of promoting admins left and right when we already have plenty for the evening peak times, why not cover the night times too? I'm sure there are plenty of reliable people willing to volunteer themselves.

Edited by Guest

What you don't realise, Tiny, is that there is almost always an admin around. I am on steam pretty much all of the time, and anyone is welcome to add me, and I am very active on the server. And this is this case with the other new admins. There are also people like jdog, twist, and barry, who are very often on the server. In holidays, there's normally someone on untill 1 or 2 in the morning.

If we did have someone to cover that timezone/fucked up sleeping pattern who the admin team felt was appropriate for this, then this wouldn't be so much of an issue. As far as I am aware though, admins are picked through their merits, not their location or sleeping pattern.

Right, but i think the point of this thread was that there ISN'T always an admin avaliable for the server at night, wasn't it? Since we often get freekillers at late times, and no-one is around to do anything?

I understand the way you're thinking, but what i'm saying is maybe some admins need to be promoted with timezones taking into account. Sleeping patterns are irrelevant, i'm talking about the server times here.

I don't think it'd be a difficult task to find someone who's around later at night who would make a perfectly fine, willing admin.

My idea would be to promote an American player. :)

Most admins are on the server on a daily basis, meaning by the time it's night, even if they are still up, they have already played on it. They also want to be able to do other things. This is the reason that holds me back from applying. I could do the nights for you, but I don't want to get steam spammed every few minutes cause there's another freekiller or uneven teams ( because you go, sort it out, leave and few mins after BOOM more trouble ). And as stated like 5 times before, 1 more month till most people start with school. That means less players from 12am - 3pm ( or around that ). Kids ( mostly ) are too demanding these days. Learn to get that not everything you wish for instantly becomes true. Rant over.