Sign in to follow this  
GingerPopper

Dark Souls 3 Hype

I don't want to sound like I'm trashing the game, cause I'm not, I know it's very well respected and has a huge following.

I just want to ask, are these all games not quite similar? While I have never actually played a dark souls game I have seen lots of YouTube lets plays of it cause I have sometimes been intrested in it in the past. But, I mean everything looks the same, the enemies, the UI, the environment, the style, it all seems very very like the first dark souls game. Do you guys who are fans of the series see this similarity or are they actually all very different and a noob like me can't say the changes?

I don't want to sound like I'm trashing the game, cause I'm not, I know it's very well respected and has a huge following.

I just want to ask, are these all games not quite similar? While I have never actually played a dark souls game I have seen lots of YouTube lets plays of it cause I have sometimes been intrested in it in the past. But, I mean everything looks the same, the enemies, the UI, the environment, the style, it all seems very very like the first dark souls game. Do you guys who are fans of the series see this similarity or are they actually all very different and a noob like me can't say the changes?

There are many similarities, but what the game is good at, it's very good at.

Solid, methodical, difficult combat. Vast, intimidating and depressing environments. Mysterious lore where you have to piece things together. Variety of combat/play styles. Bosses that make you say "holy fuck", adding to this the atmosphere of the game, the only time you hear music is during boss fights, making them all the more intense.

We get new environments, new enemy designs/new attack patterns, new bosses with new designs/attack patterns (DS3 has some amazing bosses thus far), new and old weapons, more lore, covenants etc. Basically everything we enjoyed from the first game, they added tons more of it.

It's also became much more refined throughout the series, they've learnt much from the problems of DS1/DS2.

There are many similarities, but what the game is good at, it's very good at.

Solid, methodical, difficult combat. Vast, intimidating and depressing environments. Mysterious lore where you have to piece things together. Variety of combat/play styles. Bosses that make you say "holy fuck", adding to this the atmosphere of the game, the only time you hear music is during boss fights, making them all the more intense.

We get new environments, new enemy designs/new attack patterns, new bosses with new designs/attack patterns (DS3 has some amazing bosses thus far), new and old weapons, more lore, covenants etc. Basically everything we enjoyed from the first game, they added tons more of it.

It's also became much more refined throughout the series, they've learnt much from the problems of DS1/DS2.

Fun fact: I used to stop playing dark souls 1 not because it was difficult, but because the scenarios were so depressing that I felt sad while playing. I've managed to overcome that and now I enjoy the game haha

And in relation to fluxy's question, I did find Dark Souls 3 very similar to Bloodborne, but it's still a good game, I've tried the cracked version because I'm not going to pay 45€ for a game for some time.

Just finished the game and i will say that i have never played anything as good as this.

By the end it had me almost in tears, who knew video games could be art, i always thought

they were something to just play and have fun with but this is on a whole new level. For anyone wondering if they should get the game, play through 1 and 2 or you won't get the full experience.

The gameplay, graphics, lore and godly music make this the best hing i have bought for 60€ period.

Just finished the game and i will say that i have never played anything as good as this.

By the end it had me almost in tears, who knew video games could be art, i always thought

they were something to just play and have fun with but this is on a whole new level. For anyone wondering if they should get the game, play through 1 and 2 or you won't get the full experience.

The gameplay, graphics, lore and godly music make this the best hing i have bought for 60€ period.

I hath risen from the grave to re-state what this gentleman has just said.

Being a huge Dark Souls 1 fan the hype train for the TRUE miyazaki Dark Souls sequel was huge. But it somehow managed to blow my expectations out the water, From visuals to gameplay to lore and all-out atmosphere; this game is pure art. Do yourself a favor and play Dark Souls 1 and 3 (2 is still great but it isn't a Miyazaki Dark Souls game, people who have played all 3 will know what i'm talking about).

Alas visions of sadness

Apparently this is the last Dark Souls that Miyazaki will make, I don't think he could even outdo Dark Souls 3 anyway now.