Sign in to follow this  
AlmightyJosh

College Work Survey

For college we are studying about the wonderful world of game development and as part of our course we are required to get a minimum of 10 completed surveys from random people about games. If you would spend a minute to help me out it would be much appreciated. Also if anyone has any suggestions or additions I could possibly add to this it would be highly appreciated.

Name:

Favourite Genre of game?:

Why do you like this genre of game ^? :

Favourite Game? :

Why do you like this game ^?:

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like):

(Just fill out the survey and repost it  Thank you!

Name: Mikkel

Favourite Genre of game?: Shooters

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : Been playing shooters since I was little, so a mix of nostalgia and legit fun

Favourite Game? : CS:GO, although WoW is my favorite game of all time

Why do you like this game ^?: CSGO because it's the best shooter on the market, and you can do everything you want, both competelivly and for funsies

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): A proper MMO shooter, which no one seems to have managed yet.

Name: Caspian

Favourite Genre of game?: First-person shooters

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : Simplicity, tactical, fun and quick to get into - often hard ot master

Favourite Game? : CS:GO

Why do you like this game ^?: So easy to troll

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): An FPS zombie game which plays like 28 Days Later feels - desperate and frightening, where zombies are a challenge and are something you fear rather than just mow down in the dozens

Name: Sam

Favourite Genre of game?: Strategy

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : Different options of how to approach a situation and proritizes skill and planning over luck

Favourite Game? : CSGO

Why do you like this game ^?: Tatical and skill based elements, as well as a emphasis on teamwork

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): Probably a muliplayer tower defence fps, with a focus on a tactial planning, teamwork and commnication.

Name: Rachel

Favourite Genre of game?: FPS

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : Gets you thinking with tactics etc.

Favourite Game? : CSGO / Fallout 4

Why do you like this game ^?: Both FPS's, from cs go you must learn so much and there's plenty of game modes to keep you occupied. Fallout 4 has good graphics, open world and interesting AI's

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): A virtual reality, multiplayer, open-world FPS. Basically a mix between the two games above ^ and making them become reality. So you would have to run and look around in real life. Would be pretty hard in the making :)

Name: Theo

Favourite Genre of game?: Open World

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : Mainly because I have the ability to do my own choices and take my own path, and most open worlds look nice :)

Favourite Game? : Ratchet and Clank 2

Why do you like this game ^?: I was 3 when I played it, and I guess it was a very fun game back then, I tried it out again and even though its old, it's not cheesy, just fun.

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): A game where you could go into any building and talk to any person, sort of GTA but on a bigger scale

Hope it helped m8

and omfg rachel

Name: Aaron

Favourite Genre of game?: Stratergy/FPS/RTS

Why do you like this genre of game ^? :I enjoy crushing my enemy and listening to them squeal

Favourite Game? : Probably Supreme Commander, Ark or CS:GO(when im not comp banned)

Why do you like this game ^?:They are all fun to play with friends or on your own.

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): Probably an RTS or Strategy game

Name: Mathew

Favourite Genre of Game?: MOBA

Why do you like this genre of game ^?: The slight more complexity/diversity to each game than FPS games, while still being able to play it as competitively.

Favourite Game?: LoL for the MOBA genre and as the game I play most. Would put several RTS/TBS games above it though as they are less heated and always enjoyable.

Why do you like this game^?: I enjoy the further diversity to each game while maintaining the competitive nature that I first experienced on FPS games (for LoL). For RTS/TBS games, as I mentioned, they are the games I enjoy most when I'm not playing competitively as I find them relaxing while still making you think about what you do.

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): Despite saying MOBA, RTS and TBS games are what I enjoy most, my ideal game would be a well made, thought out multiplayer survival game. I honestly feel the games currently available (such as DayZ), although enjoyable enough, are nowhere near the level they could be and I think a multiplayer survival game with a good engine and good looks would be great.

Name: Neil

Favourite Genre of game?: First person shooters

Why do you like this genre of game ? : You can play the genre competitively or you can play the game casually.

Favourite Game? : Half-Life 2

Why do you like this game ^?: Has a really good story to it, had puzzle in it which made you think and the physics engine was fantastic in it.

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): My Ideal game would be a game that brought a new concept to the table. Or polished an already used idea to perfection. Such as the idea in Max Payne when he slows down time and now how SUPERHOT has used the concept to create a whole game around it. So I really just want a game that isn't just another Call of Duty and Battlefield copy.

Name: Lewis

Favourite Genre of game?: Simulator

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : Love the in-depth details of real-world machines.

Favourite Game? : Grand Theft Auto IV / V

Why do you like this game ^?: Huge sandbox game with countless possibilities

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): Sandbox with many utility vehicles.

Name: Alex

Favourite Genre of game?: RPG

Why do you like this genre of game ^?: Immersive gameplay

Favourite Game?: Skyrim

Why do you like this game ^?: Immersive gameplay and lore. Replayability.

Skyrim like RPG with endlessly randomly generated world, like Minecraft.

Name: Kristijan

Favourite Genre of game?: RTS/RTT

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : It improves focus and concentration on multiple gaming aspects to achieve outmost perfect synchronization with adequate practice and competitive backdrop. The feeling of reward comes very satisfying after practice and practice.

Favourite Game? : I have always been indecisive of the favorite, but for the current standings I will choose Red Alert 2.

Why do you like this game ^?: Red Alert 2 was actually developed as an easier rts model of starcraft which wasn't always about micro than macroing and massing units. There isn't a very clear countering system so it comes from the combination of units you will utilize in engagements.

My ideal game would be hybridizing genres into something very original from a theme-point. There isn't much fps-rts hybrids out there, so I guess varying levels of fusing and mixing elements from fps with rts can work out. The closest game/s I have seen to touch on this are Natural selection 2 and some hl2 mods (overwatch and empires).

I can be very accurate and concise of how I imagine my ideal game to be, but that would be selling company secrets :mrgreen:

You probs have enough however:

Favourite Genre of game?: FPS

Why do you like this genre of game ^? : Preferred over the others. Something I have done for multiple years over different consoles and games,

Favourite Game? : Currently, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Why do you like this game ^?: Different tactics and major updates to the game as a whole. Never ends, always updates with new things and improved things. Major events and gatherings happens along with community projects / servers for extra entertainment.

Your own ideal game (Give a brief idea of what it would be like): What would be nice is a FPS which is like CoD (but not as fast pace or as aids with the jump boosts, more of the MW2 / BO2 / MW3 time) with large maps and the benefits of tanks, jets and hele's from Battlefield. Would be kewl.