Sign in to follow this  
Cereal

'ba_jail_lego_prison_final' Why?

We have some amazing maps on OB from Peanut with amazing games to clouds with some of the best secrets, but sadly, ba_jail_lego_prison_final isn't good, and I have no idea why it is in the map pool.

Firstly the map is hugely lacking in standard games, excluding a very small climb game with only simple easy jumps (See below). There is also a water slide that boosts you but it doesnt even have running water or any visuals, it's just a slighty tilted piece of lego that boosts you off, which akwardly sits in the swimming pool.

Climb

4952732bcddb16d6aa5edac85bbcbf2c.jpg

Slide

d453d550cdad218857fc822197134fe5.jpg

You might think that you can play games in the pool, but you'd be wrong. Unlike other fun pools, this pool is completely lacking, it has no lanes or even a simple diving board, it's just a pool of water with a small platform in the middle, it's borderline useless and just a filler to fill up space within the map.

e9fbf89beb528f58fb53dc094e451d34.jpg

This leads me onto the worst part of the map, the changing rooms and locker area. It is only accessible through the pool, and serves no purpose whatsoever, it is literally just a 4 toilet cubicles, a shower area, and long bland grey coridoors, not even the most creative and magical CTs could make fun out of this area, which has no place in a game mode as fun and diverse as JailBreak. The showers and toilets are completely useless in every way.

12cd43ebcd84509e1beaf6ca5f1fa1fb.jpg

e2b143ced2a06ce701cf4d4828b31afd.jpg

If you're still in doubt about this map, and claim it is fine because it has a disco and football, you'd be wrong. The football comes with no ball so it's practiacally useless, and the disco is tiny and has poor songs.

3e2da9dbb859c7bcc7523a6a2cc6e3ac.jpg

3bd9a49563fa63ce15fbe9e09cf0d28e.jpg

But if you get the rare opertunity where the CT gets the round to LR, there is an LR room with both a gun toss and a shot4shot area.

Edited by Guest

In my opinion, i think we should keep it for now... It's an underplayed map and brings some variety to the server, which is what some of the members of OB enjoy, because maps, such as: Clouds, minecraftparty, and peanut (just to name a few) are very overplayed and get boring after playing them over and over again. Anyway this is my take on the map lego prison, however i do believe it needs some improving.

It's not the worst map I've ever played but it's pretty darn poor. Not to mention that I voted for it, thinking it was our usual Lego map. (Disco disco)

I'd agree with removing it.

It kind of depresses me that people have to rely purely on map games to rate a map now :/

I really do wonder how people will react to classics like electric large or mars which actually taught you how to be creative as a CT.

Having said that though, some thought actually went into creating those two maps, this one however, not so much. A football with no ball lmao, remove.

I get that people don't like it (I'm not keen on it myself) my dislike is that its mainly due to the fact that more or less every round just collapses.

So therefore I find the map can't be enjoyed since I rarely see it go beyond the cells

It kind of depresses me that people have to rely purely on map games to rate a map now :/

I really do wonder how people will react to classics like electric large.

I agree with you about the CTs needing to be creative, but this can greatly helped by tools on the map. Even the maps that your were talking about (after I've had a look at them) have things such as a swimming/diving platforms that you can play races, shark or the talent diving, whereas on lego_prison there is a real lack of help for games. Even on maps such as Airship, which has less games, you can use the cannon and medic for games.