Sign in to follow this  
Allen Snider

Community member of the week

Hello peeps, Allen here

As you have probably from the title, my suggestion would be a member of the week competition.

The way it's supposed to work, is every week, fully fledged members (or might tone it down to regulars to increase activity) can vote on their favorite outbreak member for that week, by sending a PM or just talking to the person in charge of counting votes. I think this will promote a less toxic environment (not that outbreak is toxic to begin with, but you get my point), and a little friendly competition.

The person in charge of counting votes cannot win the competition due to obvious corruption issues.

The rewards could be something as simple as one-month free reservation on the jb server (or a week, the admins can decide that) or when the store gets re-instated, x-amounts of credits to use.

I am unsure if you should implement a rule where you cannot vote for the same guy 10 weeks in a row, this can be discussed aswell.

Maybe the voters should provide a reason aswell?

That's all for now.

- Mikkel

Could be intresting but may cause probelms in favoritism and unwanted bad competition, although this could be something fun to do on the side. Would it just be for members or regluars as well and what would it be judged exactly? How popular? Activeness?

Favoritism is also the thing I'm worried about the most.

An easy fix would be making a rule that states you cannot vote for the same person x-weeks in a row, bit that sort of ruins the entire point of the contest to begin with?

But as far as the reasoning behind the votes, I don't think that would be necessary. A vote is a vote, that's it.

Edit: In terms of participants, I think members and regulars can participate, but only fully fledged members can vote, but it all depends on what people think.

Make a shortlist of people who have contributed to the community with specific deeds throughout the week and allow votes to be cast based on their good deeds.

I suppose instead of it just making a single basement lurker in charge of this, you could make a small comitee, whose purpose is to find members people can vote on

But then again, if this is the case, I believe a monthly vote is better than a weekly one

sounds good, but seems pointless, maybe every month and give the winner a prize?

Yeah, I'm starting to think a comitee selects a couple of people for the first three weeks of the month, then the community has the last week to vote on the selected members

The prize could be bumped up from a free reservations and some credits, but again, that is up to the management to decide.

This would not be fair as like Sony said he would win every week. :mrgreen:

It's why i suggested the candidates be shortlisted for their recent good deeds.

You need to do something for the community every week/month to be shortlisted.

Okay, so I've been thinking about a final version of the program, thanks for all the input:

Monthly member, not weekly.

Going to go ahead with the plan Iszuka presented, a shortlist.

The shortlist is based on nominations, where members/regulars can nominate other members of the community, and give their reason why.

If a member gets a high amount of nominations, or the reasoning behind the nomination is deemed "worthy", they get shortlisted.

All this happens during the first three weeks of the month.

In the last week of the month, members of the community can vote on the shortlisted players.

At the end of the month, the winner is revealed, and receives whatever price the management team has agreed upon.

On the same day, the cycle begins anew, and the process is repeated.

That's what I've come up with (by getting some helpful input), what do you guys think?

members/regulars can nominate other members of the community, and give their reason why.

I think there would be a more definate answer if it were mods+ who made nominations, and then the communnity voted.