Sign in to follow this  
Twiixtor

Help: Rebuilding PC Area

Well I just updated my document with a PC Part Picker link in which I like completely changed most the choices as for the parts.

I still kept the accessories the same. :)

Not a bad swap.

Good thing with the motherboard you picked now is that it has 4 RAM Slots. So, if 8GB RAM isn't enough then you can easily get another 8GB for ~$40-$50.

Take a look here: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Te Radeon R9 is a nice graphics card. However, the GeForce 970 has a higher benchmark than the R9 and the difference in price is $0.11 on partslink. Could always go for that one if youd prefer?!?!

get best for bang

If youre always looking to save a bit, downgrade the SSD from 250GB to 120GB. However, if you can get 250, go for it. Isnt much difference in price anyways.

Ill, still, just about let you off with the i5 though ;]

I have the same Cooler. I think Coolers are the hardest part to install when building a PC, while trying to not fuck up the CPU :lol: . So good luck with that!

Overall, I think that looks great, obviously the graphics card should be the thing you spend the most on and try to get the best possible one within the budget, so maybe research more about x vs y graphics card and see if you can get better ones. I spent hours watching youtube videos and researching on the graphics card when i built mine.

If the list on that pcpartpicker link in the google doc is the most recent link, i would do the following:

Do you really want to overclock?

You dont need to overclock these days, it's only fun when u do alot of video editing. Just save money and go for a i5-6400 or 6500

If u gonna save on ur CPU, u can also look for a cheaper motherboard with a B150 or H170 chipset, as they will peform evenly fine.

Remember that the CPU is not the bottleneck these days.

What i REALLY recommend is switching out your power supply.

That seasonic is a bit aged over the past years, and does not support the C6 and C7 power states that the new intel skylake needs, what basically can end up in killing ur CPU/motherboard.

Go for a cooler master GM series, or if u want more reliability a corsair RMx series, or a seasonic G-series. They are known as good PSU's.

The rest of the build seems fine to me. A thing u also can do is switch out the R9 390 for a GTX 970.

Actually nothing is wrong with the 390, but it is known that they draw way more power and produce more heat. Also, nvidia has better drivers and support imo.

At 1080p, what u screen is, u will find no diffrence in performance. If u had like a 4k screen, u might have a few fps more with the 390.

Just depends on what u want. They are both solid cards

Swapped out the CPU, GPU and the PSU. I don't know for the CPU is 2.7Ghz enough? Like my current ancient cpu has 3.1Ghz. Not sure if more is better ._.

Swapped out the CPU, GPU and the PSU. I don't know for the CPU is 2.7Ghz enough? Like my current ancient cpu has 3.1Ghz. Not sure if more is better ._.

It might have a higher frequency but the new one has more cores operating at that speed.

There is no way to tell which CPU is better than the next other than benchmarks. Don't compare numbers on sheets.

This.

If u look to single core performance, the new processor would do way better then ur old one.

Never really look to clock speeds. Beware that ur processor has a turbo boost, that will boost ur clock to 3,3Ghz.

This means that when the CPU needs more power, that it will clock itself over.

If u want to look to the real performance, benchmarks often help alot. The i5-6400 is just the way to go for the non-overclocking gamer, and is also futureproof :)

That motherboard is on a nice discount. Keep with that.

If u want to save another 5 pounds, u can also go for like a 550w power supply. Ur system will never draw more than 400 watt from the wall. I won't go any lower that that, just to save some space.

Also, the 550w power supply will be more efficient. But it won't matter that hard. That seasonic g-series is a very decent one, who is also very quiet.

U can order this list if u want :)

That NZXT case is also lovely! But i read in reviews that it is not very silent. Do you want a silent pc, or does some sound not matter?

I can give u some more cool cases that are more silent if u want :)

Beware that ur processor has a turbo boost, that will boost ur clock to 3,3Ghz.

This means that when the CPU needs more power, that it will clock itself over.

If u want to look to the real performance, benchmarks often help alot. The i5-6400 is just the way to go for the non-overclocking gamer, and is also futureproof :)

That NZXT case is also lovely! But i read in reviews that it is not very silent. Do you want a silent pc, or does some sound not matter?

I can give u some more cool cases that are more silent if u want :)

About the CPU: Wooo that's fancy. Didn't know that.

About the case: I would love it if my PC was a bit more silent :)

About the CPU: Wooo that's fancy. Didn't know that.

About the case: I would love it if my PC was a bit more silent :)

Some nice silent cases are:

Fractal design define series, i own myself a R4, really nice case! But its like 10-20 euros more expensive, also has a newer better version, the R5, but more expansive.

U can get those with or without a window and diffrent colours.

Cooler master silencio series, the 452 is a nice one for good money. There are more cases in this series

The NZXT H440, bit less silent, but that looks, lmao so sexy :shock:

Although silent cases are more expansive, they are worth it imo. You can also make that case u chose more silent by getting other casefans. Noctua fans are the way to go, best brand out there. Be Quiet!, Cooler Master, Corsair and other brands have cheaper, but also good and silent fans. You can swap them out with the fans that come with the case for more silence. That S340 is good, but for silence u have to do something.

Some nice silent cases are:

Fractal design define series, i own myself a R4, really nice case! But its like 10-20 euros more expensive, also has a newer better version, the R5, but more expansive.

U can get those with or without a window and diffrent colours.

Cooler master silencio series, the 452 is a nice one for good money. There are more cases in this series

The NZXT H440, bit less silent, but that looks, lmao so sexy :shock:

Although silent cases are more expansive, they are worth it imo. You can also make that case u chose more silent by getting other casefans. Noctua fans are the way to go, best brand out there. Be Quiet!, Cooler Master, Corsair and other brands have cheaper, but also good and silent fans. You can swap them out with the fans that come with the case for more silence. That S340 is good, but for silence u have to do something.

Thank you very much for all the help man. Updated the build once again :)

Looks like it is complete for now. If anyone else has some suggestions feel more than welcome (JUST DO IT) to leave them here.

MrGibbyGibson, Mintlou and Gunstar, you guys helped a bunch too so thank you very much for that :yay:

Cheesy much ._.

I have one more thingy, because u have a case with a window :)

If u want to go for looks, look for a motherboard to match those sweet red accents like u have on ur GPU and RAM.

Giving u some nice boards with a black/red colour scheme:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-mother ... 50gamingm3

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-mother ... agamingpro (this one has fancy red leds build in, but it misses a m.2 slot)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-mother ... 70gamingm3

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-mothe ... gamingaura

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-mothe ... 0progaming

To tell u what m.2 slots are, they are slots commonly found in laptops for SSD's, and they become more popular on desktop motherboards because they can handle a faster protocol. Only some more expensive boards have that new protocol for this slots tho, so not worth looking for imo. But i'm glad u chose for that sexy R4, awesome case, and it also has a build in fancontroller, so you can decide what speed u make the fans run on. Cable management is also really easy, and just tons of space in general.

Basically, just look for motherboards with ''gaming'' tags. They peform the same, but makes the looks sexier. These are just some of the cheaper ones i found. Gigabyte has some of them too, just like Asrock. Avoid Biostar boards.

Remember that u DONT have to do this, it will cost u a few 10-20 bucks, but i think you will regret your decision when u look into ur case and cry u dont have that sexy red motherboard. Also depends if your pc will be on a desk or put it away somewhere.

I have one more thingy, because u have a case with a window :)

If u want to go for looks, look for a motherboard to match those sweet red accents like u have on ur GPU and RAM.

Giving u some nice boards with a black/red colour scheme:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-mother ... 50gamingm3

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-mother ... agamingpro (this one has fancy red leds build in, but it misses a m.2 slot)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-mother ... 70gamingm3

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-mothe ... gamingaura

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-mothe ... 0progaming

To tell u what m.2 slots are, they are slots commonly found in laptops for SSD's, and they become more popular on desktop motherboards because they can handle a faster protocol. Only some more expensive boards have that new protocol for this slots tho, so not worth looking for imo. But i'm glad u chose for that sexy R4, awesome case, and it also has a build in fancontroller, so you can decide what speed u make the fans run on. Cable management is also really easy, and just tons of space in general.

Basically, just look for motherboards with ''gaming'' tags. They peform the same, but makes the looks sexier. These are just some of the cheaper ones i found. Gigabyte has some of them too, just like Asrock. Avoid Biostar boards.

Remember that u DONT have to do this, it will cost u a few 10-20 bucks, but i think you will regret your decision when u look into ur case and cry u dont have that sexy red motherboard. Also depends if your pc will be on a desk or put it away somewhere.

Nah I have my pc put away so I pretty much never look at it. If the motherboard I have selected will perform good for the money then I'm sticking with it. Don't need fancy colours. For all I kinda care my GPU could be pink and the mobo green lel

Nah I have my pc put away so I pretty much never look at it. If the motherboard I have selected will perform good for the money then I'm sticking with it. Don't need fancy colours. For all I kinda care my GPU could be pink and the mobo green lel

Lol ok, order that shit and enjoy urself some good gaming experience :)

Wish u good luck with the building, if u have any further problems tell me, i can help u out.

Lol ok, order that shit and enjoy urself some good gaming experience :)

Wish u good luck with the building, if u have any further problems tell me, i can help u out.

I will be sure to tell you if I run into any further problems or have any questions.

Unfortunately this is just a broad plan for now. First I gotta find a job and start getting the money lol which I haven't gotten yet. Once I do find the job it will most likely take me at least 3 - 4 months to get the sum I need.

I was thinking of getting a summer job and start collecting money then but I realized that fuck no I am not going to wait that long and I wanna have a good PC at the start of summer already. Summer sale, good games which I couldn't run before gonna be cheap so I'm gonna have some fun :D