Sign in to follow this  
Churd

New forum suggestions

I'm aware that we're going to be seeing a new forum coming soon, I'm not sure how much has already been confirmed for it so I have some suggestions for it.

-Possibly switching to IPboard or Vbulletin? I find them more user-friendly and easier to navigate, also Vbul has plenty of really good plugins.

-Adding a top 10 box for easier navigation:

586572cf4ca8785362e9bbc46ab3bea9.png

-Adding a shoutbox for easier communication between forum users, without having to make a post or join the ts:

85eabbb7e545620dabeaba8732be7088.png

-Rather than a user control panel button, have something like this:

b7baea6b748dd495d4c177e67bc13d4c.png

-An "active users in past 24 hours" plugin, similar to this:

2009e79e0899a44d7fe5208a7743d342.png

-A post thank you hack, which is basically a "like" button and gives rep depending on how many times you've been thanked: (there are ways to prevent abuse of this system)

2a961247c2b4f96e2b7a580c5d67cd24.png

42a90bd020ebf00aee51105a9c45f7c6.png

-A notification when you get quoted in a post

d193f1ceb113f887d235cc0bd079031b.png

-A support section, which basically acts as the ban request etc section, but as boxes to fill out

2fb4231e2d9dd9fd5eb5bf42636fcde6.png

9f72dab16f38c0ebb1dc6a293fcd0f22.png

(even thought it says i am applying for the position of:, because the plugin won't let me change it -.-)

This could also be used for member/mod apps

-A quick reply system, for the lazy people that don't want to click reply, there's a box below a thread to just type and hit submit

9f5e7271662cfb8c91e071ab6a5e6615.png

This is all for now, if I think of any more I'll be sure to add them here

All pictures are from the forum I'm community manager/forum dev on

IPBoard is just not much there different to VB / phpBB. Nor the plugins too. Plus, why pay when you can get free?

VB would require a full clone over of users, along with a monthly licence or become a threat to be shut down.

phpBB isnt bad at all for a forum. Theres plugins available for the suggestions youve given, im sure of it. I'd like to see these in the forum as theres more interaction available.

Id especially like to see the thank you hack too, just so we can spam like posts :yay:

In vB, there was a plugin available for arcade games which had a leaderboard. I'd love to see that again, but not sure if phpBB has this plugin at all? :roll:

Just absolutely never going to happen. It's like you want our forum to look like one you like going on.

I've always hated the design of this forum. It looks cheap and lacks many features that made things easier to read from what we had on the old one. But what you've suggested is even worse than what we already have.

Try something bold, yet neutral and clear.

And for new people to the forum it's difficult to navigate around this site. Especially having to go into different threads to get different templates for reports.

Sure if you have the mental capacity of a crab.

This won't happen Churd, these forums do their job just fine.

So basiclly, you want our forum to look like some other forum that you use?

GLOW TEXT

COOL :glad2:

Never mentioned the text at all, just plugins + features

4684293c920f111ba2d1defbcd348966.png

?

?

I am aware. Im saying that these forums we have currently do their job just fine and adding any extra plugins to the new ones we are getting probably won't happen unless it's something actually useful, like Sony said no useless fluff will be added.

And for new people to the forum it's difficult to navigate around this site. Especially having to go into different threads to get different templates for reports.

What kind of a comment is that?

I've been asked by people from jailbreak on how to report people on forums... Just had to highlight the issue

What kind of a comment is that?

I've been asked by people from jailbreak on how to report people on forums... Just had to highlight the issue

Then those people have the mental capacity of a crab

There's a section named "Ban & Unban Requests"

If you've ever used a forum this is not hard to locate

If they're capable of acquiring the adequate evidence and steam ID's necessary I'm sure they can figure that one out

Then those people have the mental capacity of a crab

There's a section named "Ban & Unban Requests"

If you've ever used a forum this is not hard to locate

If they're capable of acquiring the adequate evidence and steam ID's necessary I'm sure they can figure that one out

Perhaps so, but I just had to bring it up as this thread is about IMPROVING the current site.