Sign in to follow this  
bestmanalex10

Motivation

so i'm in year 11 now and i'm really in need of revising for my mocks in december and even start revising on my proper exams after christmas.

I would like to find out from you guys how you get motivation to keep revising as i get bored after like few hours of revision, and what kind of strategies would you guys suggest for revising except from mind maps,flashcards, diagrams.

I know there alot of you who have passed their exams and in uni, so i would like to hear how i could get the best grades possible in my exams, revising strategies and last but not leasts how to get the motivation.

i sometimes distracted by OB Jailbreak and occasionally playing ps4 on black ops 3 which is really bad, so i guess staying away from for my exam may be the best :P

I used to have it that for every hour of revision I did I would take a half an hour break on jailbreak (this was way back when we first started playing OB in 2012 and I was doing my highers) timers are everything for me, I always had an hour count down on my phone to know how long I had left, but also a half an hour timer so I didn't get distracted. Also try off social media.

Later in life like at uni it's not really a question of how much motivation you have work needs to be done or your going to fail and waste your own time. No matter what it is that's motivation enough for me

I used to have it that for every hour of revision I did I would take a half an hour break on jailbreak (this was way back when we first started playing OB in 2012 and I was doing my highers) timers are everything for me, I always had an hour count down on my phone to know how long I had left, but also a half an hour timer so I didn't get distracted. Also try off social media.

Later in life like at uni it's not really a question of how much motivation you have work needs to be done or your going to fail and waste your own time. No matter what it is that's motivation enough for me

Fluxys motivation is if he hasn't smoed enough weed then he has to smoke another and play enough cs so he doesn't wake up till 2pm and then miss 2 lectures/classes so he has to worry about how much gaming he can get in for the next day hahah, love you Hugo

1 - Freekill and take a week or month ban from the jailbreak server, so you dont get tempted to go on.

I didn't really revise much or do much towards my GCSEs. It was a more of go in and do as well as possible.

However I highly wouldnt recommend that. At all.

Focus more on what you do well in and what you think youd do well in. Especially, even if you're not that good, in English and Maths. They're the key GCSEs.

Good luck on them btw :)

Motivation: When you start a-levels after GCSEs you'll be like "Damn bro, GCSEs were NOTHING compared to this, if only I revised I would have gotten that 1 mark to get tha A*". Basically you only regret it after and realise how much revision you have missed closer to the time and feel depressed during exam time. So just do that now and dont regret it later. Think of it has a long term investment that is 100% worth it.

I was predicted to be a straight A/A* student during sixth form but I ended up getting 1 or 2 grades lower because I didn't put in the revision.

Strategy: Past Papers <-- best revision method if you check back on your notes/books whenever you get stuck/dont understand a question :smile1:

The more work you do now, the less work you have to do in the future!

Motivation: When you start a-levels after GCSEs you'll be like "Damn bro, GCSEs were NOTHING compared to this, if only I revised I would have gotten that 1 mark to get tha A*". Basically you only regret it after and realise how much revision you have missed closer to the time and feel depressed during exam time. So just do that now and dont regret it later. Think of it has a long term investment that is 100% worth it.

I was predicted to be a straight A/A* student during sixth form but I ended up getting 1 or 2 grades lower because I didn't put in the revision.

Strategy: Past Papers <-- best revision method if you check back on your notes/books whenever you get stuck/dont understand a question :smile1:

I totally agree with gunstar

Past papers are truly the way, I used to do past papers nearly 1-2 every week. Within lessons we did a section per lesson (Learning Angels one lesson then algebra another etc) If you dont like sitting through past papers focusing and your weak areas is also a good idea.

Same for english^^

Dont over work your self on revising for every hour of the day. Normally doing 1-2 a day is enough. When i did my revision i tryed to block myself off from communication and distractions (Computer, Phone etc) and it really helped me focus and get my revision done.

i really like this thinking and the strategy you have given thanks for it :D ill try that out :D

I was pleasantly surprised being predicted 1 A , 1 B and 3 Cs for my highers (Scottish a levels) and coming out with 5 As, I was standing in the kitchen on results day reading the letter like wtf there is a mistake here I'm sure.