Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

[Ques] Jailbreak mapping idea's?

Okay so i'm currently in the middle of making my first jailbreak map in the cs go sdk it isnt much atm because i've only put about four hours work into it, anyway i was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for what could go in the map because at the moment there isn't much and the only thing that is textured is the armory. i'll provide screen shots + a video of what is in below

Feel free to comment any criticism or any suggestions or questions you have below

http://imgur.com/eQ0cfgk

I'll just give u my idea of a great jailbreak map.

1 vent cell, 1 gun cell.

gun cell is at random between 2-3 cells. Those 3 cell always remain the same.

Automated doors after 1 min 30 that can be reclosed instantly.

Some place to gather them, but going to that place to gather them gives them 1-2 escape routes that are easily defendable by ct's if they actually think about putting a guy there. ( a bit like opening the doors on spy vs spy, you can go to race or deathcrate and run off.

Lots of cover everywhere.

1 vent cell, 1 gun cell.

Some place to gather them, but going to that place to gather them gives them 1-2 escape routes that are easily defendable by ct's if they actually think about putting a guy there. ( a bit like opening the doors on spy vs spy, you can go to race or deathcrate and run off.

Okay thanks :3 i already had some cells but they're really bad so im re doing those and the vents also adding some escape routes in the cage thanks for the suggestions although i like to have the cell doors stay open after they are opened:)

1 vent cell, 1 gun cell.

Okay thanks :3 i already had some cells but they're really bad so im re doing those and the vents also adding some escape routes in the cage thanks for the suggestions although i like to have the cell doors stay open after they are opened:)

I wouldnt exactly add escape routes into a gather place, like big cage.

I would add a secret, like being able to hide inside a box after knifing it once or activating it.

Adding escape routes to a gather place, makes it not a gather place anymore :P

First impressions aren't too bad, however I'd ask you to keep your first map private and use it as a learning experience before sitting down to design then create your next map which you can then release.

Notes

- I quite like the balcony around the cell area, I admire a map that has a good balcony. However that being said I think having the cell button up there isn't quite right, maybe it could be on/near the cage in the centre of the room.

- It looks like you have a few guns in a cell, I wouldn't recommend having any guns in cells. In CSGO we can't control the amount of ammo guns have so 1 gun is OP. I only like gun cells if they're rare guns, like on clouds.

- Finally the last big thing is climb, it looks quite nice, maybe a little small but as long as it's something everyone can attempt it's fine.

- Also remember to place props or something to let players know where ladders are.

Good luck with the map and post any quesstions you have on this thread.

First impressions aren't too bad, however I'd ask you to keep your first map private and use it as a learning experience before sitting down to design then create your next map which you can then release.

Notes

- I quite like the balcony around the cell area, I admire a map that has a good balcony. However that being said I think having the cell button up there isn't quite right, maybe it could be on/near the cage in the centre of the room.

- It looks like you have a few guns in a cell, I wouldn't recommend having any guns in cells. In CSGO we can't control the amount of ammo guns have so 1 gun is OP. I only like gun cells if they're rare guns, like on clouds.

- Finally the last big thing is climb, it looks quite nice, maybe a little small but as long as it's something everyone can attempt it's fine.

- Also remember to place props or something to let players know where ladders are.

Good luck with the map and post any quesstions you have on this thread.

Thanks skeff :) Although this isn't my first map, it's my first jailbreak map and my second map :3 although i'm not looking to release this anyway unless i get good feedback from the testing that i will be hosting with a few friends as the version progresses.

I will remove the guns from the gun cells but keep the awp in the position it's in.

The cell button will be moved just in front of the big cage and i've also decided to make a harder climb so there is a easy and hard climb the one that is already here being the easy one.

Btw you can control the amount of ammo guns have in cs go, in the entity tool you add a key called ammo then you set the value of it to the amount of ammo you want in the gun.

Also Props and texturing is what i'll be doing last as there only player is me so i know where all the ladders are while i'm testing although the ladders in climb are going to be invisible the rest will have the ladder prop.

Thankyou for your feedback and suggestions it is really appreciated if i come up with any questions i'll sure ask ;).

If you go past V4 don't expect it to be on the map rotation, ayy

Seriously though, going along with Skeff's views of what you've done so far it looks like a good start - I would agree that not so many guns etc are needed, I would much rather a map have good rebelling opportunities for CTs to watch out for as the map progresses rather than a rebel fest be available in the cells at the start of every round - it prevents a whole map of sitting in cells. 1 gun cell which is in a set place (ik this somewhat contradicts Paradox but as I'm suggesting more secrets around the map, I think it makes it more balanced) and is only a glock/usp/p250 (not a fucking Five-Seven) would be more than enough tbh for cells.

Also based upon one of your comments on this thread you say you have auto open on cells - personally I would remove this, it isn't so bad for CTs who are quick but for learning CTs a timer prevents them getting into a better position and generally taking control as people qq over who should command and how one could possibly ever use a microphone lele.

Tbh it is up to you what you put in your map, just make sure it looks as good as it is to play & you don't have a shitty generic game mode, like colours or skipping, right next to the cell area as you can guarantee it will be the most played game. I look forward to updates over time. Good luck with it and, as Skeff said, just ask if you want some advice with anything. Plenty of map makers for the map making side and people who have played countless JB maps to know what will fit well to make a good, well laid out map.

If you go past V4 don't expect it to be on the map rotation, ayy

Seriously though, going along with Skeff's views of what you've done so far it looks like a good start - I would agree that not so many guns etc are needed, I would much rather a map have good rebelling opportunities for CTs to watch out for as the map progresses rather than a rebel fest be available in the cells at the start of every round - it prevents a whole map of sitting in cells. 1 gun cell which is in a set place (ik this somewhat contradicts Paradox but as I'm suggesting more secrets around the map, I think it makes it more balanced) and is only a glock/usp/p250 (not a fucking Five-Seven) would be more than enough tbh for cells.

Also based upon one of your comments on this thread you say you have auto open on cells - personally I would remove this, it isn't so bad for CTs who are quick but for learning CTs a timer prevents them getting into a better position and generally taking control as people qq over who should command and how one could possibly ever use a microphone lele.

Tbh it is up to you what you put in your map, just make sure it looks as good as it is to play & you don't have a shitty generic game mode, like colours or skipping, right next to the cell area as you can guarantee it will be the most played game. I look forward to updates over time. Good luck with it and, as Skeff said, just ask if you want some advice with anything. Plenty of map makers for the map making side and people who have played countless JB maps to know what will fit well to make a good, well laid out map.

Thankyou UnSeen and dont worry :3 there is plenty of secrets to come

and the guns have been removed from the cells and i guess your right i don't really want it to play like Spy Vs Spy where if the ct's aren't that good the round will be over before the warden can even say freeze in your cells i'm going to attempt to make the map as balanced as possible for ct's and for t's.

I'm also not even thinking about requesting a rotation slot for the map unless i get a lot of good feedback from the play test's that i'll be hosting and if i think it has a chance because it would suck to have people playing a poorly optimised and armature map full of bugs.

3D Maze, A maze that not only goes forward, back, left and right but also has floors aka up and down.

Low Gravity Obstacle Course, An obstacle course which uses low gravity in a confined area for the obstacle course only. Strafe jumping would be hella lot important.

Moving Walls Maze, A maze idea which is so simple but would create a lot more replayability.

3 unique game ideas, which never have been realised.

Or any other new unique game that would require some skill or intelect to solve.

Sounds like it'll progress well.

Btw you can control the amount of ammo guns have in cs go, in the entity tool you add a key called ammo then you set the value of it to the amount of ammo you want in the gun.

No, this should work but a few months ago an update broke it. Just add a gun with an ammo attribute and you'll see.

Hey do you guys know how i make the vent? i've done it 64x64 but the vent texture is all over the place :(

Sounds like you want to fit the texture to the size of the face. Go to toggle texture application (shift-A), choose the face you want the texture to fit to, then click the fit button in the justify section.

If you were asking about making it break then I'd assume you want a func_breakable.

Also ^^ Mclovin has great ideas, listen to him, I might even try to nick a few ideas from him soon :P

I think you really should play around with mapping more before you can get any real recommendations, after you know more about mapping you'll at least be able to make the suggested games :p

Also don't you have any idea's for games? Otherwise your going to get stuck on a boring map I'm afraid, I got a few idea's for games left. If I don't include them on my map I can share them with you.

Devided obstacle course, an obstacle course that's been cut into pieces. Meant for teams to play. Each section has a door that needs to be opened by either the team m8 from the section before or by a Ct outside. For example the obstacle course has 4 sections in total it would require 8 Ts. Each section would have it's own enter booth it could be like a teleport or just a simple door system.

It could bring in some team based play and I could also imagine trivia questions for advancement through sections. The Ct buttons could regulate the passage through the course.

Devided obstacle course, an obstacle course that's been cut into pieces. Meant for teams to play. Each section has a door that needs to be opened by either the team m8 from the section before or by a Ct outside. For example the obstacle course has 4 sections in total it would require 8 Ts. Each section would have it's own enter booth it could be like a teleport or just a simple door system.

It could bring in some team based play and I could also imagine trivia questions for advancement through sections. The Ct buttons could regulate the passage through the course.

I like the idea of team based games however JB seems to be mostly solo games whereas MG maps tend to have group games.

I suppose it'd be interesting to see a map with a variety of team games but I'm not too hopeful because of the nature of JB :(