Sign in to follow this  
Churd

Forum suggestion

Here's a suggestion for the forums, I use this on the forums I used to develop and it received the most thread views compared to not having it. It's a top 10 stats plugin, which shows most posted on threads, top posters and most recent threads. Posts on the "most recent posts" received the most replies compared to threads which didn't bump onto the most recent. I feel this would be a good way to get people more involved with the community, and it's an easier way to see which posts are currently active, at the moment you can scroll down a bit and end up in a wasteland of inactive threads. Here's what it looks like on my forum:

718e099dadf9fb0e2f33829104b9b62c.png

Is your forum phpBB 3.0?

Vbull 4.2.2

Most active threads:

What are you listening to right now?

Would you rather?

*AWAY THREAD!*

Yeah I don't think this would be that good. It's best to just read the new posts.

"lastest post" threads are the most recently posted on, anything that gets a new reply gets bumped to the top. Hottest threads is that with the most replies

That means we'd have to have an entirely new forum which would involve a tricky process to import the contents of this forum to the new one. This will never happen for Outbreak.

Getting a new forum theme is about the limit of what people are willing to do.

Importing contents from one forum to another one doesn't have to be hard. Discourse, quite a large forum provider, provides an "easy to use" import tool from phpBB here, which requires you to edit a file and type a whole five lines into the server console.

That means we'd have to have an entirely new forum which would involve a tricky process to import the contents of this forum to the new one. This will never happen for Outbreak.

You don't need to switch forum type, surely there's a plugin for it

You don't need to switch forum type, surely there's a plugin for it

then find the plugin

you can't expect the staff to look around for forum plugins for you when the forums already serve their purpose