Sign in to follow this  
Xzeterah (TaylorS)

Which DayZ is better?

Been playing Dayz mod since it came out, and when it did... wow it was so fun.

There are many modded servers for arma 2 dayz which have added equipment to build mega bases,markets to trade guns and new vehicles and so on.

The mod is better for variety (trust me you wont get bored if you have a pal or two to play with) and there is more to do than the standalone. The standalone is pretty much get gear, camp and kill (team death match).

Where as on the mod there is no end goal, after you have got all the gear you will need you can then find friends to build a base, repair vehicles you may need such as Helicopters and stock your base with the server side missions. These side missions require you to do a task and you get a reward its high risk though, all the server will see it and 20+ people could be headed that way, but risk = reward there are many missions like 'capture the bandit truck cargo' and with this you can stock your base and conquer the server.

If you want to save money and have a better gaming experience go with arma 2 dayz mod.

If you want hackers for Dayz (see what i did there) I suggest Dayz standalone.

Or you could forget them all and try arma 3 Dayz mod which is also very good but no diversity in the gameplay.

Don't get me wrong with Dayz standalone I still like the game its just that im tired of the hackers

Can agree with Popey456963 on that one, the SA was still in construction mode and will be for what may seem like forever; as you would imagine with a game that size. The Mod has always been good apart from the desync issues but it's a good game over all and at the moment definitely beating the SA.

I have them both and have played them a lot of hours(most of them to the mod). My tip: don't buy the SA, wait until they're out of beta and then you'll enjoy, the mod has a lot of possibilities, not only Chernarus, you can play on Lingor Island, Fallujah, Namalsk, etc. It also has mods inside like Overwatch, Epoch or Overpoch(mix between Epoch and Overwatch) which add a lot of content such as guns, cars and other stuff. The only issue you may encounter is that sometimes, I don't know why, servers say you are missing content which you already have. And remember you need to have installed ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. Hope I was useful :D