Sign in to follow this  
Twiixtor

Some website suggestions.

I don't like rambling at the start with introductions and stuff so let's get straight to it. :yay:

1. Shoutbox - I would love to see some sort of a live chat/shoutbox thingy somewhere on the main page where people could receive quick answers to unanswered questions or any other topics. Or to just even chat with other Outbreakers ya know.

2. More detailed server status thingy - It would be useful, especially now, to have a more detailed server status picture or a changelog type thing ( I don't know how to describe it ). Basically it would include information as to why the server is down/malfunctioning or any changed that may be made or might already have been made and stuff like that.

Thank you for reading.

~Twiixtor

P.S. I don't know why but I see some people sign off after everything they say (~Twiixtor) but it looks professional and I like it so I shall do that too.

The website is down aswell.

For question 1: Go on team speak, team speak ip is in the teamspeak section.

I totally forgot about teamspeak. But still it would be nice to have a chat box thingy for people who maybe don't have a mic or team speak or just idk...

The website is down aswell.

For question 1: Go on team speak, team speak ip is in the teamspeak section.

I totally forgot about teamspeak. But still it would be nice to have a chat box thingy for people who maybe don't have a mic or team speak or just idk...

I understand, you could just talk in the steam group chat.

In answer to point one: possibly a good idea, but we do want people to go to the Teamspeak. Having a shoutbox could detract from it, but worth thinking about it.

Second point: if this could be done [doubtful], then it would be good. However, the problems at our host end are not issues which would fit neatly into a little server info box. It would require someone to manually update it, which means that it'll likely be out of date by a few hours most of the time, as mods+ are doing other things etc. Also, not sure it's too crucial, as you can generally hop on the TS, and learn as much (or as a little) as we know is happening.

1. I know shoutboxes have been discussed a lot. Personally I doubt I'd use it but it might help take away a lot of the cancer from the forum posts but the downside is that the shoutbox would probably be quite cancerous. Plus how active do you think it'll be? Perhaps for people like myself with a potato of an internet connection and can't use TS it might help raise activity but I can't see it being that popular.

2. That'd be cool, we already have things like game tracker but even a small image that can be put next to the server link and the admins can change it to give info about the server would be nice.

1. No.

2. No.

There are plenty of ways to get your questions answered without needing a shoutbox. It just means more work that needs to be put onto the forums which would very rarely get used. As well as trolls being able to be complete and utter "askholes".

Gametracker exists for a reason, whether you have a dying urge to find out how long you have played on the server I'm sure you can wait a few hours if it is down.

Frostie

Server Moderator

Shoutbox has been discussed multiple times in the past, my stance on it is still no

We actually had one once, lets just say it worked out for a very short time...