Sign in to follow this  
Stiqqy

Stranded Deep.

This a really new survival type game released on early access and is currently costs only 11 pounds, the story is that like the forest your in a plane and it crashes but this time in the ocean and the you have to get to the nearest island using a raft. This game looks really good and ive been told handles really well and is only in the first stages of its alpha and already has many good features and good gameplay. i wanted to know if any of you have heard of the game (Tell meh ya feelings) and whether its worth it or not compared to other survival esk games like the forest or rust.

My opinion on the game looking into it:

- Looks a like a mix between the forest and far cry 3 and maybe SALT

- Only in very early alpha stages which i feel makes it look like a very promising game

- Only a few major issues:

one is you fall through the rafts/dingy if using it to long as it just disappears

Not a complete cooking system e.g. eating raw crabs not cooked and not knowing the length of food or when they are completed.

and the intro minigame of making a martini is very vague and basic to introducing the crafting system.

However im looking forward to playing it and maybe if there is a multiplayer version later surviving with friends!

:D

Honestly Stiqqy you didn't sell it well enough! We have spoke about proof-reading before! COME ON!

I joke, I took a look at it myself and think it looks good. It's like a survival/scavenger game sort of like a realistic Minecraft.

Keiji I don't recommend looking into this game as I does include Sharks. :glad2:

Early access so I torrented it, if its worth buying in the future then I will buy it to support the developer. You said it perfectly, a mix between far cry and the forest. At the moment theres no more than 2 hours gameplay very limited crafting recipes, a series of repetitive tasks (make food, chop wood, move island) and very limited biomes (literally just the same small sized islands spaced far apart). Obviously this is the very first Alpha version they've released and as far as those standards go, its pretty good but theres a lot of room for development.

I give it a 1/10 due to the fact the makers have done the early access bullshit

The main factor for me is that hopefully tonnes of more features get added because Biggles did say it perfectly as it basically is only 2hours of gameplay but i hope it doesnt get left 'stranded' and forgotten :glad2: :glad2: :glad2: :glad2: because its probably imo going to be one of the best survival games in the future.

Frostie keiji can be shark bait oo oo ah, and i dont do the grammars.