Sign in to follow this  
marsh

Member Permissions

Stiqqy perhaps the new keen bean? Mintlou has spread his being to someone else.

The reason why this is still being discussed is the mere fact that in theory it's not a bad idea. But we have faced reality a view times in practice when it came to member rights.

I look at this discussion as an outsider I am neither for it or against it. I also use my knowledge of this specific idea to base my oppinion.

I'd say bring it up in the admin meeting, if it passes then try it if it doesn't then every person who is pro this idea has to face the fact it's not gonna happen. Atleast give the idea a fair chance.

I'm personally against the whole !votekick and !voteban ideas as let's face it, the admins almost ALWAYS come onto the server to help us out. I do however agree with the !votemute. If we had a !votemute option for members, or any members who had been with Outbreak as a member for a certain amount of time (1-2 months maybe?), then that could be quite useful + we wouldn't need another group like "Trusted |OB| Member" or "Veteran|OB| Member". It would also mean that other than for the more serious problems (freekilling etc.), the server community could take care of itself for minor things like mic spamming. As some people have said above, it should be the ability to start a vote between the whole community who are active on the server, not just a vote between members.

Although I acknowledge all of your points, I personally believe mine is a good and fair compromise between utter helplessness and CONTROL FREAK!??!?!?! :D

As Venga said, we are easly contacted by Steam. We do respond, specially Sony and Stiqqy responds quickly (noticed when I werent Mod)

If I am online at Steam, that means you can contact me and I will come online to help out.

We did have !vote commands for members at CSS. If I remember correctly it got taken away due to abuse?

I am niether against or with the idea of !vote for members.

I see many pros and cons coming with this.

I'm not playing for long on this server but I think there is no need for such votes. except if its really late or really early there is always someone with the necessary power online to give bans, kicks etc. and in the few hours where no one is on there may be some problems with freekillers and stuff but I think you can't give power to a much bigger group of people because of a freekiller at 3am. plus at those times it's not like there are allot of members online so it the voting won't have much use. If the admins find it a hassle to go on the server for such problems its another story ofcourse.

sjnokstaart ^^

I wonder if Members just had the ability to !vote slay or !vote kick, they could stop freekillers and (just an idea) we could have a hide n seek round without admin assistance but instead with a few Members' assistance. I think really the only time of the day this system is really needed though is past 1am as normally for the rest of the day an admin is usally online, or on Public holidays when Admins like to take a break. Aswell idk if this is already in place, but if Members had the ability to private message (in game) like Admins do it would be nice ;)

Is there a way to get this to work after a certain time? Like really late at night? So people who play later don't keep posting on here and they can easily deal with freekiller and the like?

To be honest, despite what I may have felt before, having to create and participate in a vote takes as long as getting an admin on the server, and thats only if the poll passes. For example a clan that freekill everyone that aren't in their clan would bypass the system with ease.

To be honest, despite what I may have felt before, having to create and participate in a vote takes as long as getting an admin on the server

that was on of the probs before with the vote kick :)