Sign in to follow this  
SonyTwan

Horror Games

What is the general consensus?

Alien Isolation is really good definitely pick it up if you like the original movie, really tense and atmospheric, not a pile of aids like Colonial Marines was, got about 20 hours out of it too.

Silent Hill 2 is probably my favourite horror game never ceases to make me poo but I do have bowel problems.

Alien Isolation is really good definitely pick it up if you like the original movie, really tense and atmospheric, not a pile of aids like Colonial Marines was, got about 20 hours out of it too.

Silent Hill 2 is probably my favourite horror game never ceases to make me poo but I do have bowel problems.

Nightmare house 2. Mod for HL2. Scared me.

Amnesia. Scared me.

UnderHell, another mod for HL2 that is amazing. Scared me.

Tweenies the game. Scared me.

Amnesia. Scared me.

Played through all of those except Tweenies as my mind is not ready.

Amnesia is all well and good but the AI is way too predictable and scripted so you end up sitting in a corner until it goes away.

Nightmare house 2 was basically FEAR on the source engine but with better scares.

Underhell is definitely some creepy shit when you know nothing going into it, that house tho.

Amnesia. Scared me.

Played through all of those except Tweenies as my mind is not ready.

Amnesia is all well and good but the AI is way too predictable and scripted so you end up sitting in a corner until it goes away.

Nightmare house 2 was basically FEAR on the source engine but with better scares.

Underhell is definitely some creepy shit when you know nothing going into it, that house tho.

I don't go well with scary games anyways so I rarely play them at all. I got to a certain point in UnderHell and gave up. I was in the prison and woke up with the whole prison filling up with water, then some headless guy was chasing me, no thanks. Nightmare House 2 was scary but I wanted to continue to play it, had a great story as well. Tweenies is just too much. I am still scarred from watching the show as a child.

As mentioned, FEAR is an old but amazing horror/thriller game. Absolutely brilliant.

Cry of Fear was fun/spooky too.

Underhell, as mentioned, was great, but I'm not playing that. Got too spooky when I got to the prison bit.

The old Resident Evils - definite shit-in-pants stuff.

Have gotten spooked on Dead Space too.

Apart from that, I can't think. :P I get spooked easily so probably won't play any of them for more than 30 minutes before I give up.

Completed it, cant wait for them to bring out the next chapter (hopefully).

Nothing makes me Autism the fuck out then the beginning of the "horror" part of the game, where you have no weapon. As soon as the chase music started, I just screamed the entire way to a locker because:

1.Hate being chased.

2. Being chased reminds me of sharks.

3. I autism the fuck out when sharks are mentioned.

Completed it, cant wait for them to bring out the next chapter (hopefully).

Nothing makes me Autism the fuck out then the beginning of the "horror" part of the game, where you have no weapon. As soon as the chase music started, I just screamed the entire way to a locker because:

1.Hate being chased.

2. Being chased reminds me of sharks.

3. I autism the fuck out when sharks are mentioned.

I just couldn't bare the Prison chapter at all. My fear of being chase stems from me being scarred by the first zombie scene in Resident Evil, from then on if it was dark I'd always feel as if a Zombie was right behind me. I have now got over this fear, thankfully.

Not gonna lie, horror things are a big no for me. I think the only horror game I've played is Slender and that wasn't too bad.

This stretches into films as well, the only one I've ever seen is The Women in Black ahaha and I don't think that really counts.

I don't really see the appeal in horror games, I found half life scary and that's an action game.

I guess it's the adrenaline that you can get and just the sense of being scared. Some people enjoy that. It gets you heart beating and just a different sort of experience to other games.

I don't really see the appeal in horror games, I found half life scary and that's an action game.

I guess it's the adrenaline that you can get and just the sense of being scared. Some people enjoy that. It gets you heart beating and just a different sort of experience to other games.

I think I find fast paced games better for adrenaline or games that destroy your progress when you die. Both together are the most heart beating in my opinion.