Sign in to follow this  
WayneDwake

[WIP] rp_outbreak_city

Welcome!

I've decided to scrap work on the castle map and instead, start working on a community map for the Outbreak RP Server and Community.

The maps name will be rp_outbreak_city. May change in the future, but in the time-being, it is what it is.

This map will be a medium/large size map and will need as much contribution from this community in order for it to be properly produced.

Sources of help:

-Creative Ideas

-Graphical Illustrations of ones thought/idea

-Well detailed/described posts about ones thought/idea

-A collaborative discussion

This map will be centered around a "Centerpoint" which will be mostly modeled as a park.

This map will require lots of work and it surely wont be easy to make.

Screenshots will be provided once progress has begun. Stay tuned.

Here's the general idea of the map though:

riul1d.png

(Click on the picture)

Follow up pictures http://steamcommunity.com/id/WayneDwake2/screenshots

Please keep posts ON TOPIC in this thread.

Edited by Guest

A good road system will be cool with good sidewalks (even I tunnels) and cross walks. Also would be cool of there where traffic lights that will work (no idea if that's possible) and also a admin area! And also with the problem with the map use now. Keep everything connected so there is no road that will just end somewhere.

Train station spawn. Small in style not like london stations. I will show some pics on monday. Im thinking 2 platforms connected by overhead bridge. Long straight train tracks for some illegal racing perhaps.

would like a police station with 2 floors. Mayors office and chiefs office upstairs. Downstairs similar to the current pd.

Again will take pics next week when I finish work.

Walkways over roads would be nice. Similar to the train station overpass

I'm thinking it'd be nice to have a nod to the old days by having a building from one of the old css maps we used to play on. I'm thinking a similar building to the one in outbreak day, but its like a community center or something.

Yeah can we have a competition to name the park after the winner. And their picture can be placed in there somewhere?

The [insert Name] Memorial park.

The Doomblade Memorial park?

The Jailbreak Memorial Park?

The Sholto Memorial Park?

The Veterans of OB Memorial Park? And just have walls of names similar to Nam remembrance sites in America?

The Daemonic Rug Sweeping Celebratory Park?

Also would there be any chance of adding pets to Darkrp? Because I just had a mental image of Gaffer running one and laughed to myself.