Sign in to follow this  
Biggles

I bought a motorbike

You can do a CBT which is just a day practical test where you go around cones and get used I the bike then go out on the road for a few hours normally 6-8 hours then you get a certificate which allows you to ride a bike upto 125cc - but if you want a more powerful bike then it's a weeks test and a theory.

Can't believe how easy it is to get on the road with the cbt, I had 1 when I was 16 for a moped, gona redo 1 just because it's so much cheaper than cars, the bike I'm looking at does 100 miles to the gallon, did an insurance quote that's 260 - tax is 17 so much cheaper! And bikes are just generally fun to ride, apart from the rain lol

I've got half the gear second hand off my uncle, would of cost a fortune otherwise

Biggles, i had that exact bike. And an honest review is to say you cannot break it. i crashed it at 40mph and tore the fuck out of it and was still going, i came off again on oil, and it was still going. Some cunt nicked it dented the fuel tank un aligned the handle bars, ripped out the dash. kick started it and it still goes. finaly it got stolen again and set on fire. it didnt go after that.

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR:

The tyres on the ybr are really thin so make sure you have really good tread on them, if not i would invest because when you get to slight gravel its a death trap.

Make sure the chain is tight and has at least an inch of slack at all times. I found out the hard way and my chain would come off every corner due to the fact it needed replacing ( after razzing it about for a while the chain stretches and becomes too loose )

last but not least you cannot get this bike de-restricted and its brilliant for the first year but after that you will 100% want a bit more speed from it.

ENJOY, and on a side note if i had another 125 i would choose the yamaha ybr every time. seriously reliable.