Sign in to follow this  
Kavelija

Need a Mic

a lot of you said on my member application that I should get a mic. So can you guys give me some suggestions on what mic I should buy. I want something high quality and priced around £10-40.

Put the name, price and link of the microphone.

Get a headset.

I have Gamecom Plantronics 780 and recommend them to anyone. High quality mic although some very simple tweaking is needed for it to work properly in CSS otherwise it's all static (if you decide to go for it then i'll tell you how to fix, it's very easy).

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-Gam ... B0079G2Y52 or just google it if you are not from the UK

There is a downside to this headset though, the headphones don't trap sound very well so people around you will hear what is coming through your headset quite often so not recommended if you share a room with someone. The sound is high quality though.

Thanks for the suggestion I will keep in mind. But I wanted a standalone microphone like a blue yeti because I already have a pair of beats to I don't need the extra headphone.

you'll struggle to get a yeti for that price (I have a blue yeti pro and that was £180) with that budget I'd look at getting a blue snowball. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Omnidirectional-Microphone/dp/B000EOPQ7E

still not quite within your budget but i'm sure you can find it cheaper.

best thing about this mic is that it has different cardioid settings so you can remove sound that isnt coming from the direction of your face.

But the standard Yeti is £90 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microphone ... =blue+yeti

This is a good mic, I've had the chance to borrow one from a friend for a while. Very clear.

But for you that blue one looks good. If you just want a mic for pure online gaming just get a logitech one from Asda or something, not the best but will do and are very cheap. However I would recommend a headset.

Got the Blue Yeti - didn't get pro because I've heard that there is a bug in the gain and it's overpriced.

It's only around £90 w/ Pop filter & extra crap. £50 for a snowball I think, recommend both.

It's a bit unconventional but I just bought this for the same reason that I have a set of fantastic headphones already so I didn't want to buy anything else and lose the sound quality. It's really clear (and incredibly cheap) and I just clip it onto the headphone wire so it doesn't get in the way.

Pros:

-Can use existing headphones

-Small & light

-Great sound quality

-Cheap

Cons:

-None so far