Sign in to follow this  
UnSeen

Map Ideas for Me

Hey guys, I know there are many other threads similar to this but quite simply I am planning to give mapping a go. It won't be a fast job as I will have to learn the basics and such first, but me [and maybe Ameme, haven't asked him yet] are going to try making a map for OB [or for fun if it isn't good enough on first attempt].

Quite simply I'd appreciate any thing you guys would be particularly interested in seeing in a map + any tips for mapping. Obviously we will try work it out ourselves and try surprise you with our own original ideas for it, but anything regular which everyone loves with a twist or your own ideas would be appreciated.

The only thing I can say is, any map I make will have a disco in it - so suggest songs along with ideas.

cells, medic, armoury, skipping, good textures (make them fit), good lighning, omptimization.

(and with the help of youtube vids make a decent working pool. ... -> getting water to work like u want isn't always very easy)

Well when I actually start trying to get used to the programs [around tonight] I might be spamming the heck out of you Prox, if you're on and you aren't too busy :o Oh well we'll see.

Either way appreciate what you're saying guys but I was thinking say new ideas...things which haven't been done.

ie.

> Scrooge - Even though you were trolling you fgt, anything you want in particular from the cell area?

> gaffeR - I know you say your knowledge isn't amazing, but with years comes wisdom! xD I'm sure you can say ie. Different speed buttons, change of direction or something new etc... :o

I appreciate commenting anything but you get my thoughts.

My challange like always:

3D Maze

3 circular floor moving maze

Low Gravity Obstacle Course

Elevator shaft Obstacle course (Think of the moving obstacle course, but then only from top to down or the other way around.)

3D Maze

3 circular floor moving maze

Low Gravity Obstacle Course

Elevator shaft Obstacle course (Think of the moving obstacle course, but then only from top to down or the other way around.)

Well...I can always aim high...not sure if for my first ever map it will be done...but I can always try it one day xD

Best tip you can get.

- Don't start mapping.

Takes so much effort and hard work. You'll stop after a day or two and end up with something looking like shit.

Perhaps, but I'm a 15 year old guy with his sport season coming to an end and after a few more weeks of school, 7 solid weeks of nothing. My gaming roster is practically CSS, LoL and then odd other games which aren't really regular. I used to do graphics designs but I lost all my packs from a virus, so it'd be something interesting to do.

Besides I like to think myself fairly persistent, I might get a little frustrated but I doubt I'd stop a task until I think it at least fulfils the minimum standard [of my standards]

> Scrooge - Even though you were trolling you fgt, anything you want in particular from the cell area?

erm, cells hopefully... and make sure they have chairs which damage, because everyone loves a good ol' prop attack.

Perhaps, but I'm a 15 year old guy with his sport season coming to an end and after a few more weeks of school, 7 solid weeks of nothing. My gaming roster is practically CSS, LoL and then odd other games which aren't really regular. I used to do graphics designs but I lost all my packs from a virus, so it'd be something interesting to do.

Do kids not like the outdoors these days?

Go climb a tree! Play football, get outside!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Just realized you are 15, go chase some Tail!

Do kids not like the outdoors these days?

Go climb a tree! Play football, get outside!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Lincolnshire. I can smell cow shit from my bedroom.

There is only so much of the outdoors one can withstand xD

EDIT : To stay on topic : I get the basics of guns/vents etc...regular stuff...I just mean tips for actual mapping and stuff which you perhaps would like to see me try invent over time, like McLovin's suggestions.

Other than that...I'll get learning the basics of the programs.