Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Anyone Been/Going Skiing?

I am a regular skier as some of you may already know and i try to go once a year.

Looking for somewhere to book for next ski season but i am struggling on where to go, just wondering if anyone on the Forums goes skiing and could recommend a place to go, I've been to Italy, France, Bulgaria,

Canada and Austria so somewhere else hopefully you could recommend somewhere else.

To finish this off ill add some ski photos of me lol.

This is Italy, Courmayeur, one of the best places skied

380899_10150563282215469_825732581_n.jpg

This is me and the missus on top of a ski lift in Bulgaria, Love my ski gear lol

598552_10151311822810469_1166366839_n.jpg

If you can afford it, go to Switzerland.

I've been to Klosters in North Eastern Switzerland quite a few times and it's a very nice place! Unfortunately I haven't got any shots on me, but there are all sorts of routes (plus the black one, which takes you through the forest down to the bottom of the mountain) is quite enjoyable.

Also, apparently, Prince Harry has been there too.

;)

Ill look into both places, i just cant stop skiing, i absolutely love it! whats your hometown john doe, i could look in to that

Akureyri, Iceland. Well, don't bother coming here in 3-4 months, the snow will be gone. There's loads of snow atm tho.

As a Finn I would obviously have to suggest Finland. In northern Finland (Lapland) Levi tunturi or Saariselkä, I have not personally been there, but one of my brothers and a few of my friends have been there and said that it's amazing. (Also, you'd probably see Santa as he's around in Lapland all year.)

No it isn't haha, well the booze, it's because we have a beer here that won world-championship! Haha

It is compared to the UK which is expensive anyway. An the alcohol is extortionate; not just the beer (which was nice to be fair but no nicer than English beer) but your disgusting brennivin too... I hope never to drink that shit ever, ever again.

Gaffer just go to Tamworth snow dome mate haha

Places I have been: Alp d'huez France, Solden Austria and La Tania France, amazing places all of them. Alp d'huez is a bit of trek to get too, Solden is really really good, amazing party town. Went there on a school trip and David Guetta was playing on top of the mountain but we dident get to go :(. La Tania is nice if you just want to chill out. France is more expensive though, Austria being probably one of the cheapest European ski countries.

I went to Wargrain in Austria. It was amazing and the slopes I did were good. It was my first time so it might be a little easy, I don't honestly know but there is a slope that you can follow around that goes on for ages and was quite challenging