Sign in to follow this  
jackattack987

Headset Recommendations

for that pricerange Gamecom Plantronics 780 are a good bet, they are the ones I have.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-Gam ... B0079G2Y52

Upside: Great quality mic and headphones, also they stay comfortable for quite a period of time. If you like to use surround sound too then the option is always there but personally I do not use it.

Downside: alot of noise seems to escape the headphones so if you share a room with someone say then it might be bad.

Also make sure if you get these then you install the software so you can turn on low frequency protection, so that the mic won't turn into static on CSS (which uses low frequencies)

The headset I have is the Turtle Beach X12. They are very comfortable to wear for a long period of time and have a very nice sound to them and are 5.1 Speaker setup. The mic is good even though my mic sounds bad, this is because my sound card is fucked. You can find this headset for around £30-£40 on many website on the internet, like maplin.co.uk . Hope you find a mic that you like.

giant_cheesepuff

Wouldn't reccomend Turtle Beaches at all, had some ZX something or other and they broke after 9 months, never did anything to them for them to do this. Sennheiser are good and Logitech, and the ones Jamie said are really good, even valve sell them on their website.