Sign in to follow this  
Professor

Science!

India is already seriously investigating H2O run cars due to fuel costs), there will be increased demand for such a sort of energy

They're also looking much more at growing their own fuel like ethanol which also looks really encouraging. Although in doing this much of the room for growing food has to go also.

But the only thing I can't see is why they have to destroy food crops for fuel crops. There is so much fertile land in and around the Ganges that is constantly fertilized whenever it floods.

It's like when they decide not to fill deserts with solar panels or solar towers. And when Scotland isn't filled with wind farms already.

Slight Dissapoint in some of my population.

True but Asia is going to face major shortages in staple foods, even with the huge amount of arable land available, so long-term a less space-consuming way of producing energy would be heaps better. It is encouraging though, and it's definitely a step in the right direction. Plus you can pour fuel into water and get free, horrible, possibly toxic vodka. Also, I'm dubious about the viability cost-effectiveness of renewable energy. Solar power here is pretty rubbish, and wind turbines aren't the most space efficient way of getting juice, are they?

@Raze: I'm glad you're happy about armageddon, I'll put you down for a bet on 'human stupidity'. :)

@!Wist It may be inevitable but isn't it a question of how soon, do you think? I'm aware of the burgeoning middle classes over there, and the consequent demand for representation which comes with any industrial revolution and a rapidly developing business/property owning class, but given China's v. different cultural values (next to ours), it'll be interesting to see in which way they develop. It could be completely unexpected.

tl;dr fluxy ur a fag l0l0l0l0l

Edited by Guest

India is already seriously investigating H2O run cars due to fuel costs), there will be increased demand for such a sort of energy

They're also looking much more at growing their own fuel like ethanol which also looks really encouraging. Although in doing this much of the room for growing food has to go also.

But the only thing I can't see is why they have to destroy food crops for fuel crops. There is so much fertile land in and around the Ganges that is constantly fertilized whenever it floods.

It's like when they decide not to fill deserts with solar panels or solar towers. And when Scotland isn't filled with wind farms already.

Slight Dissapoint in some of my population.

Americans own that technology already, so they will have to import a lot, which means It wont catch on in other country's unless america does it first.

China is unable to hide their own nature from the Chinese people - 20 years ago, the Chinese people were considerably less free than they are now - the internet has seen to a freedom of information which is gradually exposing the government to a set of very extreme and very sophisticated crimes against humanity.

There's a real air of unrest breeding. Change will come, I just hope its reasonably bloodless, to a nation of 1.2/3 billion.

I thought the video was interesting although I had to look up some stuff to make sure I was right about what he was saying. The way I see it with the fossil fuels running out, people don't really care. I mean most people know that oil will run out in 40-50 years but they think 'well this wont effect me.' But it will effect us and the next generation. We cant stop people from using up the oil and when it finally sinks in that we are out of oil, then people might start panicking and it might lead to violence and knowing the human race that is very likely to happen.

Well not even that. People don't tend to give two wazoos about the energy/any resource they use until it's either not their or broken. It's all being taken for advantage.

And we know what happens when there is a great enough demand for something but little supply.

But we don't even want to look at increasing the supply that feeds our demand. It makes me sad.

Just sayin, my dad has worked in the oil industry for 30 years, he manged an oil company called FOS when I lived in the middle East, I asked him about the whole thing and he said the whole "oil will run out in 40-50 years" is bullshit, its just via the means that we have of extracting it all the oil wells that are called "empty" are actually half full and it isent economicaly viable for oil companies to extract it unless there was a massive hike in oil price which would pretty much bankrupt major importers such as Britain and America. He says if you could extract all the oil left in the "empty" wells easily and cheaply we would have another 100-150 years or so.