Sign in to follow this  
ashowns2009

Anime

So I had some free time and would like to raise the discussion.

Spring 2013 Anime's are out!

(Not all yet although a lot already!)

So which ones would you suggest to watch?

My own list:

Not worth watching:

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Yet another Hayate no butler anime. Same old jokes and simply no real story. All in all this anime and series always seem to pop back up due to old supporters. But in reality it just does not compete with any of the good new ones.

Mushibugyou - Again an anime centered around the shogunate where cute girls are samurai and what not.

Aiura - Short episodes no story, only worth watching for a small break otherwise no thanks.

Sparrows Hotel - Where to start, bad art, bad characters and a story we have all seen before. So the main character is a girl and guess what she has bigg boobs never seen that before. So she is clumsy and is very protective for her job. Never seen that before. And when it comes to talking to her boss she barely can speak. The clishé is written everywhere.

Arata Kangatari - If you like a story that involves yet another weak guy turns into baddass dude to save the princess yea go ahead. But not for me, the art is oldish and all in all lacks strong characters.

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san - I'd watch this if I were a 13 year old girl that is.

Zettai Bouei Leviathan - The main characters are fairy's, I hope that says enough.

Aku no Hana - The story is interesting, the characters are interesting. BUT THEN the art work is horrible they tried to make it look really realistic but in doing so destroy the whole purpose of anime. And on top of that by trying to create everything realistic it sometimes feels as if there are lagg spikes because of a bad flow of artwork.

Karneval - A thief is on the run for military security operatives? For pick-pocketing? And he ends up in a powerful defence organization called Circus? I mean cmon even anime has its limits for nonesence story lines. And dont even get me started on the really gay male characters.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge - So imagine a dude with no real powers or wierd stuff going on. All he has is a fetish a really akward one. Cutting woman's hair. This guy gets turned on by cutting womans hair. (Just repeating it for drama effect.) And on top of that the second main character is a girl who's hair is cursed and cannot be cut. Then the main character comes up with his SPECIAL scissor and is able to cut it. Only to be told the girl is protected by off spring of many famous and terrible murderers. And he himself is one aswell and that his scissors are the proof of that. Well this was a clear no for me.

Alright up to all the good ones:

Date A Live - The main character has a little sister and he is pretty protective about her. There is nothing unusual about him or her. Except for the fact their world is constantly being attacked by girls from space wich create massive black holes in the earth's ground. So there are 2 ways to get rid of these girls. Option 1, kill her as simple as that just have a taskforce with advanced armour and weapons take care of them. Option 2, make her fall in love with a human boy. Well this dude has been pulled into this scenario and damn he is in for a ride. The artwork is good, the story seems funny and interesting to say the least and the characters seem to be well done.

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation - So what your friend could take a picture of you on his cellphone for an application to show you a disturbing picture/video later on with you dying. And what if this is not just some random scenario but it is actually fortune telling. And what if it actually does happen and you get the choice to come back to life? Would you do it and what would the concequences be if you would do it? That is exactly what is going on in this anime, I have only seen the first episode but this anime has a really good setup as for story line and the art work is done perfectly fine.

Hataraku Maou-sama! - So we all know the story about the Demon Lord being overpowered by a random hero. But what if the Demon Lord escapes death and teleports himself to a dimension? And what if that dimension would be our dimension on the planet earth? So there he is with little left of his magic since there is nothing like magic on earth and he is able to do well almost nothing. See how this demon lord tries to stay alive in modern japan by working in a mcdonalds and comming accros everyday problems.

Photokano - You are on highschool, you have friends and you know a vew girls but nothing is really special and most of your holidays are spent doing nothing but relaxing. Well that is pretty much the case for the main character in this story untill his father gave him his Camera. See how this simple object completely changes his personal life.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru - We all have been heartbroken at some point, and had a hard time or period even afterwards. Well this guy takes it to the next level, by throwing away any desire of a fun youth. Love is something that is ridiculous and goals in life are pathetic. His antisocial behaviour soon gets to an end when he is forced to join a certain club. The Volunteer service club, which ofcourse is run by the school's prettiest girl. See how this antisocial grumpy guy needs to get along with other peoples problems while his is by far most the most problematic. A true love COMEDY.

Shingeki no Kyojin - Imagine a world not ruled by man but giants. There is only 1 place on earth where it is save to live as a human. And that is in a city surrounded by 50 meters high walls. Even giants could not tear that wall down or enter. But then one day a super giant shows up able to make a whole in the wall. Giants flow into the city and cause mayhem. Watch how two children see their life ripped apart and filled with vengence and a goal to kill every giant. This anime has such good art work and the fighting scene in the first episode gives a lot of hope for episodes to come. The story is good the characters are lively and have a nice backstory. All in all one of my favorites of this season.

Suisei no Gargantia - The human race left earth when earth began a new ice age and all that was above water level turned into ice. Now decades after that event 1 pilot and his personal mech get lost in a wormhole and end up on that same planet again. Wich suprisingly is completely over flowed with water now. But on top of that has still humans living there, while all the data of earth was lost and surely no sign of live was expected. See how this future boy needs to adjust to the peacefull way of line down on earth where things such as flying robots is seen as alien technology.

I know I forgot a few but either I have not wathced an episode of it because I could not care less or it is a second season from something. My rule to second season's is: If you liked the first season watch the second it mostly is good enough.

so any of you anime lovers seen RoosterTeeths RWBY yet? my thought was it was going to be bland with no opportunity however the music that they developed and use in it is great, i do think that the voice acting could be a little better however i have high hopes for future episodes.

Easily my favourite anime is one piece imo it has an amazing story the comic relief actually makes you laugh and the characters really grow on you. but you really need to set aside like 5 hours a day to watching it because there are 600+ episodes now... I managed to get up to date within 2 months. after that I would say hellsing ultimate (if you've watched hellsing ultimate and liked it there are 2 spin off episodes called the dawn which are quite good as well), bleach and naruto are both good but they are incredibly long as well and riddled with fillers if you can find a filler guide to avoide them it's probably worth it (bleach ended short of the actualy ending I think they are going to continue that in the future but for now I follow the manga :) ). Soul eater is another good anime. Watch Afro samurai if you want to watch an anime where one of the characters is voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. Ergo Proxy is really interesting but it has a bad ending (as too many animes tend to). Best drawn anime I've ever seen goes to 5 centimetres a second but just look at screenshots maybe my god I have never been so bored in my entire life... I think thats all of my recomendations. Oh and Death Note of course. :D