Sign in to follow this  
Tiny

TF2 Hat Selling.

Hallo. :)

So as some of you know i've been building a new PC. It's literally bankrupting me so i need to sell some shit to buy the GPU.

Gon' sell my unusual hats in TF2 and i was wondering - Do any of you have a decent amount of experience at pricing/and or selling hats in TF2 (for cash).

The hats i have to sell;

Unusual Chieftains Challenge with Sunbeams. (Soldier)

Unusual Flamboyant Flamenco with Orbit Fire.(Pyro)

Unusual Blighted Beak with Circling Peace sign>>>v

These two go together to make my 'Green Peace' set for Medic.

Unusual Grimmes Hatte with Scorching flames.>>>^

Unusual Texas Ten Gallon with Green/Purple Plasma (can't remember which, Engineer)

Unusual Desert Maurader with Green Confetti (Sniper)

Anyone halp me? :<

Selling TF2 items for real money is a nightmare. I've been out of trading for quite a while, so I can't directly help with prices, but I probably can still be of some use.

The number of scammers around is unbelievable. The stress of selling an expensive hat on its own, and risking losing the whole thing, was always too much for me. In my opinion the safest (although maybe not easiest) way of doing it is by breaking the hats down into individual buds and then selling these for slightly bellow standard market value to trusted traders. Not the best for making maximum money, but likely the safest.

If you want to sell the hats themselves or individual buds to general traders (probably making more money), then always make sure they have a full Sourceop rep thread. Make sure the steam account of the person you are trading with is actually the person from the Sourceop thread. A very common and bad trick is to just make an imitation account. Most importantly, always make sure the other person sends their money first, with a paypal (or other service I guess) tag to the effect of "This transaction is for virtual goods. I will not charge back under any circumstances." This will make it much harder for them to just charge their money back through paypal, leaving you with nothing.

In terms of pricing hats, websites like tf2outpost.com are good. On these you can just look at what other people are selling an identical hat to yours for, and decide accordingly on your price.

If you have any questions feel free to add me and ask away :)

Edit: In case you were curious about my experience, I was heavily into trading until about a year and a half ago, when I had a similar situation to you. Sold all my hats to replace a dying pc.

Edit2: Apparently I fail at underlining.

Raging, i'm at work right now. Do you mind if i have a discussion with you tonight about this, and the best way to use Paypal? I have some experience.

I've had a chat with Jake<3 and agreed that the best idea would be to sell buds instead of the hats - it's just pricing the hats with buds that's the hard part.

For example, two seperate websites have price checked the Flamenco and 4.5 buds and 1.5 buds respectively.

Sigh.

I'm trying to get around £380, which should be possible. S'just finding the buyers.

Ill have a chat with you later if that's ok.

Add me on steam if i don't have you already (friendslist might be full, so just comment on profile) - http://steamcommunity.com/id/TinyTerror12

I think the prices are kinda high.. we are still talking about hats... not about a CPU or something...

I would be interested in these 2hats

Unusual Flamboyant Flamenco with Orbit Fire.(Pyro)

Unusual Blighted Beak with Circling Peace sign>>>v

But I won't pay those high prices. Also, you will need to wait a short time, because I first need to load my paypal. You want us to pay trough paypal, right?

Do hats even do any single thing besides make you look different? If it doesn't add anything, then I really don't understand why someone would ever want to pay money for them. Asking this because I don't know that much about TF2.

Do hats even do any single thing besides make you look different? If it doesn't add anything, then I really don't understand why someone would ever want to pay money for them. Asking this because I don't know that much about TF2.

After having played TF2 only for a short time, around 40 or so hours I belive, you really notice that the hat culture is taken serouisly, people pay money for that shit. Rare hats go for a lot of cash money

You could see it as party hats in runescape. Only there they are worth loads of in-game money instead of real money ( although I'm sure you could buy one for real money aswell ).

For quite some games, you could sell your account for some money ( if it's a good account ). I just choose not to sell things, I mean cmon, all your hard work and then throw it away for some money? No thanks.

TF2 takes hats too seriously though.