Sign in to follow this  
Guest cDay

Rank system or point system to reduce freekillers

Hey guise, had an idea today.

I was thinking, you guise should install a rank or point system, like !rank or !point. Say if you had over 500 points (50 kills) you can go CT, if you dont have enough you cant, this would reduce the amount of freekillers in the server.

kthx

I think this will be a bad entry to the server(s).

It may be subjected towards the "unfair" area of the gameplay as not everyone plays the game to get kills.

Now, you may reply me with "But eventually, they will get 50 kills". I see where you are comming from. You wan't it to take time for a player to be eligable to play as a CT. For some, this may be an eternity, and for others, this will be the same as any other day on the golf course.

This has both pros and cons. However, when you come to think of it, after the 50 kills (or 500 points), there will be no challenge and the "idea" will no longer exist. Anyone can get the 50 kills and then never have to worry about not being a CT (Unless they get banned off the CT team.)

My two cents.

~Wayne

If only I knew something about scripting, then I could try. Too bad I only know C++ game programming ( still learning ) and ASPX website programming. I might know some people who could do it, but then again I'm not sure.

Isn't Kriss able to script a bit?

I really like the idea of a rank system, this due to the fact that I tend to rebel a lot and I'd lkke to show off. But a rank system like you proposed unnesecarry. I've often played on time when no regulars would be online, in those cases I love going T and sittingback and see how the new guys command. If your system would go online I'd be forced to go CT in those instances. The vote commands solve most of the problems with freekillers, due to the fact that I have these powers I got little sight on how often the server is overrun by freekillers and nothing happens..

If, this idea I had which probably wont work, dosent work, I think we should atleast have a rank system, show's who is pro.

not a fan of the rank system (as i am crap) but we all know by now who is pro on the sever, but do like the idea about needing to play a hour before going CT gives the noobies more time to watch, listen and learn the way the server is supposed to be play. Also with the rank thing I think its bad for the sever because it would make it a competition between the good players to be top and it would cause arguments and fights.