Sign in to follow this  
inmylife

Getting the map Avalanche back

So recently Twist deleted the map Avalanche from the server. His motivation for this (as far as I heard it) was because it is to easy to rebel on. Now I miss this map, I really enjoyed playing on it. I do not know if there is any chance of getting a map back by request from the community but still I'd like to give it a try.

First I'll start off naming some pro's and cons for this particular map:

Pro's:

-A ton of minigames , the only map that comes close to it is Aeon. But since this map was also the only map with surf, ski, hot potato and a great climb I really think this is something we are missing out on.

-Enough ways to rebel but not in excess

Cons:

-Very easy to rebel if the CT's do not know how to cover the vent or don't know the easiest escape routes from the T's.

Now the biggest problem is in the rebellion part of the map which I got different feelings about. I've been CT on this particular map plenty of times and it is more than doable to command on it as long as you know where to put the T's. I've also been on T when the CT's had no idea what they were doing (even if it were good CT's) but they just didn't know the map, and yes it can be a pain in the ass when the T's know what they are doing.

Now this is of course a reason why you could take the map from the server. But now let I ask you this: What about the maps: Rooftop and Space Jail? These two maps are very easy to rebel on, and especially Rooftop will almost always fail. To make my point clear:

-Rooftop is easy to rebel and has no games whatsoever, a in general shitty map.

-Space Jail is easy to rebel on and has some games but not to much.

-Avalanche is easy to rebel on and has great games, the pay off for getting T's under control is huge in this map.

I'm not trying to get Rooftop or Space Jail removed from the server, I'm just trying to point out that I find it odd that a great map has been removed because it was to easy to rebel on, while there are other less good maps that are easy to rebel on still. Saying Avalanche is to easy to rebel on isn't a good reason in the light of the other easy to rebel on maps (but yea, that's just like my opinion man).

And finally I'd like to hear your opinions of this, do you miss Avalanche or am I the only one?

Note: I've only heard Twist talk about the reason of deleting the server in game, the reason he mentioned was because it was to easy to rebel on. I'm not trying to imply that there may not have been any other reasons of the deletion of this map.

I'm really sad this map was deleted, i think it was done w/o consulting any of the other mods :( it's not that easy to rebel on if the CT are half decent. The only problem was the vent, and you can even get back into armoury to check it..

TL;DR No idea why this was deleted. +1 to getting it back!

Kittens:

Not much to do on the map itself, the only minigame there is is football. The pool has nothing special no speeding up diving boards and stuff. The gun that spawns in cells has more than 100 bullets in it so I like that, there is a vent you can knife in the cells which does lead you to armory fast. To summorize, enough ways to escape as a T but I don't really see the point in escaping, there are no guns exept for armory+gun cell and as CT I'd only play football and that's that.

Jeff:

The cells open after 45 seconds which is great. The gun in the cell has 12 bullets in it which is not much but not to many. Plenty of ways to escape but a bit difficult to get into armory. There is plenty to do on this map football deadclimb and some more minigames. It's much better than Kittens. Also to ad you are going to have to ban a lot of people if you take them to disco. Edit: That theatre is so awesome, I want this map.

Ace Jail:

We already had V2 on the server and V3 is a strict upgrade from that, much more games to play but now it's also easier to rebel on (instead of 3 ways to run away you get 4 for and some additional hidden guns).

I wouldn't mind playing Jeff or Ace Jail, I would mind playing Kittens.

Kittens is totally shit, shitter than sliced shit.

Ace jail is the shit version with random powers. Literally start of each round terrorists can get random super powers. We could get the sunny desert version back though, that was good I dunno why it was removed, I didn't remove it.

Jeff - isn't this the map with the racism?

How is kittens shit?

I mean it doesnt have that much to do? Old school PB was all like that.

The commanders had to make it fun not the map.

It seems we only have shit commanders these days that like to depend on the map instead their own skills and creativity.

Jeff - isn't this the map with the racism?

Edited read again if you already red it.

I think you are referring to the "Nigga nigga nigga" song. I would disagree with the statement that the map is racist (also to add that the song isn't racist). I will give some background on the song: The song comes from Thugnificent who is a character out of the series boondocks. In this series there is made fun of elements in society such as songs from Thugnificent. This song in particular tries to make an ironic statement about the fact that rap music contain the word niggers a lot, other songs from Thugnificent: "Stomp Em In The Nuts".

Saying that the song is meant racist means you've fallen over just a word not the context that it's used in.

Still I think this map is great and I don't really care about the song, otherwise just add it and take away the button to start that particular song.

Edited by Guest

How is kittens shit?

I mean it doesnt have that much to do? Old school PB was all like that.

The commanders had to make it fun not the map.

It seems we only have shit commanders these days that like to depend on the map instead their own skills and creativity.

Disagreed a map is good when it has options, the more options the better. I'm not saying skills and creativity isn't a great plus but if a map has nothing you can't just make the statement "less is more". Due to the fact that the CT's always have the option not to use the minigames I'd say less is a bore.

You don't? Other people might.

This is why we didn't add it, there will indeed be someone who will shun it. I also heard there were some kind of sorting rooms on that map saying "black people in here" or something.

I haven't tested it yet

You don't? Other people might.

This is why we didn't add it, there will indeed be someone who will shun it. I also heard there were some kind of sorting rooms on that map saying "black people in here" or something.

I haven't tested it yet

Read the context of the song, the song isn't meant racists at all. Unless you think the series Boondocks is a racist series in of itself (that would mean I'm racist too).