Sign in to follow this  
Guest BabyMonkey

Music. Why is it become so sh*t?

Hey guys, I've recently found about this new song. Nicole Westbrook - It's Thanksgiving. It's produced by the same guy who produced Rebecca Black's "Friday". If you haven't already heard it, here's a link.

My question I'm trying to raise is, why is music becoming a massive shit feast? I mean some music is exceptional. But the rest is literally enough to make my ears bleed. And the video is so obviously lip synced, what are your opinions on this video?

There is still good music about just not nearly as much as there used to be

Exactly

Why i listen to dubstep, chart music depresseses me with its shit lyrics and generic beats that mean fuck all and its fake boy bands like the wanted and one direction that have all their shit written for them and auto tunned

Because the music is so bad, it somehow obtains lots of attention and results in the creation of off-spins and parodies, making it an internet meme. This viral status makes the song a success, which other people (unfortunately) decide to use as a formula for their songs (which become just as bad, if not worse).

Trust me on the fact that you've only heard a fraction of modern music - a very small fraction at that. This goes for me, too, but I've found some that I like. There's so much music out there than you could imagine. I doubt I'd know any songs in the charts at the moment, but that doesn't bother me at all. Music is a very personal thing to me, and I'd actually like to keep it that way. Find music you enjoy, and it doesn't matter if other people agree with you.

Music isn't getting shitter.

It's just the popular stuff seems to be getting worse and worse.

There was still shit music back when the popular stuff was to your taste but it was less known about.

I'm gonna have to side with Biggles on this one though. I feel as though I've told people to "turn that noise off" one too many times. I'm gonna be the grumpiest fucker ever when I'm 80.

Also what's funny to think is that this shit will soon be out dated too. Stuff like Techno and Dubstep will be replaced with Alien Terror Core blackhole anus rape or something. Or it could be something else. Hell, Jazz or blues could have a come back. Or even, if we're lucky, metal could be the big thing again.

I just think it's important to keep in mind that trying to force a musical taste on someone by saying that whatever they're listening to is bull, is exactly what happens every generation.

And it only hurts more because we, as the generation we are, have such a massive variety of music to find. Sites like Youtube and products like iTunes and iPods have enabled people to experience music like never before. And having this exposure to, what an individual you see as "Good" music, makes it all the worse when they choose "Bad" music.

In short. We're all gonna turn into grumpy fuckers when we're older. Might as well bitch about it now.

There are so so so many genres of music that i discover and listen to everyday.

Recently i've been really into moombahcore, a genre that incorporates features of Dutch House, reggaeton and aggressive dubstep.

Uhh.. imagine if you mixed Bob Marley, Calvin Harris and Zomboy. Yeah. Is good.

Tis also the reason i listen to glitch hop primarily, which is video game music mixed with DNB mixed with dubstep.

Hooray for music!

The one thing i'm sad about it fucking Brostep. Brostep is basically the popular, mainstream, americanised version of Dubstep, and is pretty much akin to someone screaming in your face for an hour. That's why dubstep has such a bad rap among quite a few people, you all see the mainstream shitty Skrillex stuff and never get to experience actual decent dubstep.

The one thing i'm sad about it fucking Brostep. Brostep is basically the popular, mainstream, americanised version of Dubstep, and is pretty much akin to someone screaming in your face for an hour. That's why dubstep has such a bad rap among quite a few people, you all see the mainstream shitty Skrillex stuff and never get to experience actual decent dubstep.

Tiny I think you hit the nail right on the head here and i couldent agree with you more. Rage fills my soul when people say they like dubstep and they think dubstep is shit and you ask them what they listen to and they say skrillix. Its an absoloute joke that he got a music award, he isent even dubstep, its more heavy electronica. very very few americans can make good dubstep, there are some exceptions to this of course. 501 would be the main example, excision would be another