Sign in to follow this  
tweep

Who wants to be the champion of Outbreak? - Interest Thread

This is just an interest thread; please post here to register your interest - this is not confirmed yet, just seeing who is interested for me to run this.

What is this?

This is a long running teambased competition that will be run for Outbreak members and users, where each team will compete for points to decide who the ultimate winner is. This will be determined through a set of tasks and challenges that will be through a multitude of different things both on the forum and in various steam games. It will test the teamwork, intellect, and skill of this community to see who will pull together to become the ultimate champion of OB.

How will it work?

If this goes ahead, each team will have their own subforum (need to ask McLovin nicely for this). I will post an official application thread, in which people will submit their form to play - this will be a small questionnaire that will allow me to see who has what games, and will allow me to allocate teams to get a good balance of players. Once teams have been decided you will decide a leader amongst yourselves. I will post new competitions and challenges with deadlines, and you and your team will aim to complete this to the best of your ability.

What sort of challenges will there be?

This is a secret, so you will need to play to find out! I will try to get some CSS mixes as an event though.

When will this happen?

I've raised this before, but this hasn't been accepted properly by the higher admins. Please consider this as just raising interest. I have pretty much formulated all of this to work, and this is pretty much planned out, so if this gets the thumbs up to run I will put this into action as soon as I can.

Please post in this thread if you are interested in doing this. This isn't going to be run as an official OB "event", meaning you will still get your events fortnightly. The aim of this is to be a bit of fun, and to bring together people from OB to play some other games together.

So yeah, please say if you'd be interested here!

It is a nice idea, but I most likely won't have enough time to play several games with deadlines. If you do this, keep in mind that this would take quite the time to keep track of.

It will take me a lot of time, yes. Not everyone from each team has to be part of every competition by the way, some of these things will not need everyone.

Also, I'm deleting any stupid tl;dr posts, I am looking for who is interested, not who isn't.

Why limit the admins per team? Many of my good friends are admins. Hehe.

Anyway it's not really something i'd take part in.. i like & understand the idea but i think it'd be too difficult to find games other than CS:S that people have in common, or people play as regularly as CS:S.

For example, i rox at TF2 and sux at L4D versus, whereas someone else might be the other way round. Dunno if that makes sense.. I'm just talking about the difficulty in finding 'common ground'.

I'm interested in it, but a quick question: What do you get from being the champ? Except for obviously being the champ, it would raise competitiveness if there was like a special prize because otherwise if it are just some challanges I don't see why you can't have the format that exists right now where you have events one every few weeks and then have a champ.

Only 2 admins per team, 5 member max perhaps?

As I said, I will put people into teams based on what games people have and their individual merits.

Why limit the admins per team? Many of my good friends are admins. Hehe.

Anyway it's not really something i'd take part in.. i like & understand the idea but i think it'd be too difficult to find games other than CS:S that people have in common, or people play as regularly as CS:S.

For example, i rox at TF2 and sux at L4D versus, whereas someone else might be the other way round. Dunno if that makes sense.. I'm just talking about the difficulty in finding 'common ground'.

Let me worry about the organising. It'd be great if you could join in, as this is meant to be a bit of fun. You won't have to take part in every event, and you will be missing out if you choose not to do this. ;)

I'm interested in it, but a quick question: What do you get from being the champ? Except for obviously being the champ, it would raise competitiveness if there was like a special prize because otherwise if it are just some challanges I don't see why you can't have the format that exists right now where you have events one every few weeks and then have a champ.

No, I've thought this through and planned it, so I'd appreciate it if you'd leave stuff like that for me to handle - thanks for the suggestion though, it just doesn't fit with what I am trying to do. Also, I'll come back to you on the prize thing.

Edit: Please stop posting completely irrelevant stuff!

I believe we once already discussed this within an admin meeting and we came out on the call that this would not be done.

Mainly for 2 reasons:

1. Our Community is Css based hence why we only hold Css Events on sundays.

2. We already have events running each 2 weeks wich is more then what most communities do. (Atleast on the scale what we do.)

The events that OB run are run by admins and useally it takes a lot of effort to set it up. Especially since most events are new ones that had to be completely made up and discussed about. I personally belief that running your own sort of Event Marathon is not fitted in our current schedule. Aswell that I dislike you putting this up for suggestions/Questions even though Kriss and I already said this was not going to happen some time ago. It shows absolutely no respect at all.