Sign in to follow this  
Proxima

GATHER IN REAL LIFE

I actually want to revive an old topic where the idea came up to gather in real life. By than it was just an idea, but I want to realize it.

However, to gather in real life we have to think everything trough. For example: where we meet, when we meet, how we get there, what will we do once we’ve gathered? And also important how much will it cost? If we gather then everything will be on own costs.

Because of these things we will need your input.

I think the most logical place to meet is somewhere in the UK. Since this community has most of their players in the UK.

As for the price I currently have no idea how much money we should max spent for this. (keep in mind that a lot of the members are under the age of 18, don't work,....)

The duration: Since some of us (for example McLovin, me, ... and a lot more) have to travel some distance it would be more interesting to make this a “2-day-meeting”. That way the distance we travelled and the money we spent aren’t for ‘nothing’.

Also important is: When do we meet? I think since we are a group of younger players it would be more interesting to meet in the holidays. (So I am talking about July-August) I hope these months are the same for other countrys?

So, we maybe know when we could meet, where we could meet and how much it costs, but what will we do once we are together?

Just a few (or perhaps nobody) knows someone of this community in real life. So most logically the subjects we would talk about would be games, game experiences,.. Well, if so than you can count me out.

My idea about this all is to gather and perhaps organize an activity.

For example Paint-ball, Carting, bowling,.. (idea’s are from McLovin, and they are real good I find.)

If we do an activity we don’t have those silences, and we get to know each other better. We can go drink something afterwards, it could be really fun!

Also important: Your age. I know in some countrys you can’t cross the borders without permission if you are not the age of 18.

I don’t want to discriminate young people, but I think the minimum age for this should be 16 year.

The reason for this is the next. Don’t take it the wrong way if you are younger than 16, but since most of us are 16+ (members 15y, I know…) it’s not very interesting for us when we have to go with people under the age of 16. There is queit a big difference in interests.

So what am I asking you guys now?

1) Where would you meet in UK?

2) When would you prefer to meet in the holidays?

3) How much would you spent for this?

4) How long would you do this? (the longer, the more expensive it will be I think)

5) What are your ideas around what we can do when we are together (keep price in mind!)

6) Your age

There are a lot more things we need to talk about, these are the first things that came in my mind. Because of that I will keep updating everything. This topic will propably run a very long time. The posts will raise, because of that and to have a bit of structure I would like to ask you not to spam this topic by posts like “wauw, good idea” So please post on this tread only with relevant information.

If you know in front you would never participate but still have good ideas, than feel free to post them here!

1) Where would you meet in UK? Anywhere around kent or London

2) When would you prefer to meet in the holidays? Summer Holidays tbh

3) How much would you spent for this? depends on how much it is

4) How long would you do this? (the longer, the more expensive it will be I think) 3 days +

5) What are your ideas around what we can do when we are together (keep price in mind!) Just have a laugh, there are plenty of things to do.. even though i cant drink in a pub but i can still go in there so itl be a laugh :L

6) Your age: im 16.. 17 next month :)

Great Idea Proxima :)

As Jordan said, London would probably be easiest since it's accessible by train from almost anywhere. We could meet near there or something.

I can travel to pretty much anywhere. Lets do this shiet

1) Where would you meet in UK? anywhere really, aslong as i can get there by train of course :}

2) When would you prefer to meet in the holidays? summer holidays would make the most sense

3) How much would you spent for this? depends howmuch i need to spend really, aslong as it against extremely expensive

4) How long would you do this? (the longer, the more expensive it will be I think) i think 2-4 days would be great as we could plan several activity's during this period

5) What are your ideas around what we can do when we are together (keep price in mind!) one thing that would be lovely is that if we all go to a pub, have some lunch/drinks and get to know eachother for the first thing, not sure about what else we could do but we will think of ideas as we go along :)

6) Your age 16, 17 in december. w00000000000000000000

1. I live in scotland and so a train all the way to London is going to be a bit of a nightmare but since prox, mclovin and others are coming from different countrys im not going to moan, so London sounds fine.

2. Summer holidays obviously, can't fondness week of July though as I'm going to malia then

3. As I will have just been on holiday for a week money will be an issue for train tickets and hotels :/ but I'll try

My best

4. 2-3 days.

5. Going for a drink and food would be really good to get to know everybody I think

6. 17

1) Anywhere

2) Anytime

3) Depending on train tickets but idk 400€?

4) Few days

5) Do things that we are able to do in a (large) group ( NO SEXUAL PUNS INTENDED ).

6) 19

Im not in OB but I still would love to see some people irl.

) Where would you meet in UK? anywhere - willing to travel

2) When would you prefer to meet in the holidays? Not really fussed.

3) How much would you spent for this? Not bothered I got money

4) How long would you do this? (the longer, the more expensive it will be I think) - not fussed again as long as needed.

5) What are your ideas around what we can do when we are together (keep price in mind!)something to eat - with the majority only able to afford little thing (no offense people)

6) Your age - 24

@Shadow, met dat we beiden van belgië zijn kunnen we misschien ook deel samen ernaar toe gaan. Zal zeker enkele voordelen met zich mee brengen.

As for the part:

Im not in OB but I still would love to see some people irl.

I'm sure this is not a problem. You are active on the forum. Fact one isn't a member doesn't mean he is not allowed to come. :)

Also: just to clear it up, number 3 is just the money you would spent once we are together. So it's offcourse not included your own transport and stuff.