Sign in to follow this  
Predator

Being Hacked

11 minutes ago, Substick said:

There is no need to get a new steam account.  Worst possible scenario is that he gets your steam account and you simply put in a ticket and steam get it back for you.  As it stands, i would really consider ignoring all links on steam, even if they do come from friends :).  Change your password, setup phone authentication (in theory that should keep your account safe even if he has your password), change your email password and for god sake, run some damn antivirus :).  Malwarebytes is pretty good at picking up dodgy poop though I'm sure others can instruct you on what works best to remove stuff like that.  Finally, just do a clean install of your PC (it can be complicated so try and find somebody who can walk you through it if you can) if you aren't 100% sure that you have removed the keylogger, providing it is a keylogger.  Often these things are simply your mind making it seem like your account isn't secure when it actually is; the guy is likely just a scammer but one can never be too sure so best remove the guy, do what has been stated above and for heaven sakes, don't give him your damn money.

Edit: I meant to add, if you are ever unsure about your steam security, just contact steam.  It may take a while for them to respond, but they will at least try and help you in whatever way they can. 

Thnx substick haha coincidence i actually have downloaded malware bytes just this morning and running a custom scan right now and have contacted steam about the user.

Thanks EveryOne,

If he's threatening to "hack" you, and he has a list of your specific accounts, chances are that all of them are linked to one email account. If that's the case, he's got your email and you use the same password for other forums as for your email.
Like Substick said, scan your computer, clean it up and then just simply change your passwords. And for extra security use 2 Factor Auth on your Email account, so that even if any of your accounts do get hacked, you can retrieve them without being blocked out.

And don't be scared. These most of the time are scams - and he might even only know that you have accounts in those places, but doesn't have the "resolved" or cracked password. Anyhow, just do what i told you to do in the second paragraph and you can forget about skids like him :P

I been 'hacked' before it can be scary and stressful times but you can easily solve your problems by going to a different PC and changing your email  first then your other accounts. Starting with accounts that are linked to bank cards to items of value like a Amazon account or steam account. Ending with social accounts. After your done, return to the infected machine in which you can re install your operating system which would be best or finding the malicious file/folder. Most likely a key logger. However the program may just duplicate itself around your machine which then would be difficult to detect.

btw steam only returns stolen items ONCE so best protect yourself.

I  study IT forensics and security. Currently entering my third and last year but I don't know much, am just a captain of a ship.